Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freezing in Buy Mode. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freezing in Buy Mode. [SOLVED] Empty Freezing in Buy Mode. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 20:20

Ok, so I am aware that this is already a thread but my situation is slightly different so I wanted to post my own.

I also want to add that this is the first time I have used any sort of crack so I am still new to it all. Bare with me, please. Smile

OK! SO I bought the Sims 3 awhile ago, and lost the disc. for awhile i was just playing off of origin. then i became bored and downloaded pets, supernatural, seasons, high end loft, generations, and master suite. All of this worked fine right from the launcher from quite some time. then my game began freezing as soon as i would open my family. i figured it was because i needed to update my game.

i was able to update the game directly from the launcher without any issues. then when i went to play the game, it said i needed to insert a disc. obviously i don't have one. so i went to origin and checked to see if my expansion packs were also on there. they weren't. (i do want to add though that when i copy and pasted my cracks i put them in C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin because i thought that was what i would run the game from, maybe i was wrong)

so after some thinking, i decided to copy the most recent expansion pack crack that i had (seasons) and paste in again in that bin folder. voila! the game worked from the launcher again.

i thought everything was fine until when i went to play my game, it would occasionally crash. i just figured this could be my computer and saved the game frequently. but now, when i go to enter buy mode, it just loads and loads and loads and that's it. nothing happens. i can't click on anything else to work because it doesn't. buy items never even show up and i just end up shutting the game down in frustration.

i'm not sure what the best way to fix this would be. i obviously do not want to lose my saved games. i also want to add that i don't know a lot about backing up files so if this is what i would need to do i would appreciate if someone can briefly tell me what to do with that too.

lastly, i am about to install the Ultimate Fix and see if that changes anything. if it does then i am very sorry for wasting everyone's time and space on here. either way though, i will definitely update with what happens.

ALSO: should i just download the base game from games4theworld and go from there? is there a way i can do that and still keep my saved games i have now?

thanks!!!!!!

Last edited by Admin on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 20:42; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional question)

Back to top Go down

Freezing in Buy Mode. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Freezing in Buy Mode. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 20:34

Hello,

First of all, welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! We're here to help, so free to ask anything you'd like to know.
As for your problem, start with this first: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix.
Since you've downloaded your base game via Origin, please copy the crack (step 4) to this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Good luck and please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 00:18

everything is working again!!

i downloaded the manual patch and then the ultimate fix and BOOM back to normal! Smile thank you so much !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 20:42

Hello,

Glad to hear everything is working again now.
Enjoy the game and do not hesitate to contact us again if you run into more problems! Freezing in Buy Mode. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male