Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game keeps freezing over and over again.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game keeps freezing over and over again.[SOLVED] Empty Game keeps freezing over and over again.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 12:04

So, I just downloaded everything Sims 3 the other day. The base game and a couple packs were bought from Origin, the rest downloaded from here. The game was running great the first couple days. It loads up just fine, but when I'm in my family's home, it just randomly freezes and unfreezes. I tried lowering graphics, but didn't help. Anything I can do to stop this? It's driving me crazy Game keeps freezing over and over again.[SOLVED] 1490881299

Back to top Go down

Game keeps freezing over and over again.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Game keeps freezing over and over again.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 03 Oct 2012, 12:10

Hello,

Sounds like game lag, look here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Game keeps freezing over and over again.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Game keeps freezing over and over again.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 12:29

Awesome, thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Oct 2012, 18:17

Hello,

Did that solve your problem?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 18:18

Mehhh, I did everything and nothing worked Sad Am I doing something wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Oct 2012, 19:27

Hello,

Do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
Did you use GameBooster to run the game?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2012, 00:00

No mods, no custom, and yes, I used GameBooster.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 04 Oct 2012, 03:16

Your computer may just have trouble running all the expansions like that. I know that Pets adds a lot of things for your computer to have to do while the game is running. It could also be routing issues, as the first "step" in the thread Lady Eldi linked to says. This little bit of lag is a very common thing while playing the Sims.

I would recommend getting ErrorTrap and Overwatch from Nraas, as they do help keep the npc sims from staying stuck in bad routing, along with other things, like removing excess abandoned cars.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Oct 2012, 09:28

Sorry I'm responding so late. I've been busy. That didn't work, either. I'd be ok if it was just a little bit of lag, but it'll freeze on me for at least a minute every time. So, is my next step to cut expansions? I don't wanna do that, but I wanna play the game, lol. Darn my crappy computer...

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 07 Oct 2012, 18:55

You could just try getting rid of stuff packs or expansions that you don't use the parts of very often to start, and see if that helps at all. I'd try uninstalling them one at a time and testing the game so you can keep as many as possible, if you are going to do that. Pets could definitely be a major part of the lag though, just to keep that in mind.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 02:47

Ok, I'll just do that, then. Thanks for the help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Oct 2012, 18:50

Hello,

Please let us know the result, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 05:31

I uninstalled Pets and a couple stuff packs. I'm soooo disappointed I had to do it, lol, but it worked and I'm just happy to be playing again. Thank you for your help. You all are kind and very helpful here Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 10 Oct 2012, 09:53

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top