Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game lag/freezing for one family.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game lag/freezing for one family.[SOLVED] Empty Game lag/freezing for one family.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 16:14

Hey all,
I've have sims uni since you've uploaded it and have played it many times since. Now all the sudden my game play lags. There's plenty of room on my C drive (411gb free of 567gb). I've tried game booster, i've tried not using game booster, I've removed things from the computer and I've rebooted. I can't play as it's freezes every few seconds while in play mode (i can move around and click things on pause without a problem). The only thing that has changed is I've removed mods due to my class schedule not showing up (see here). The game worked normally after until after my sim graduated. After trying another game it appears to be only one family. I'll make another family in the neighborhood to test it too. I'm at a loss of what to do.

Any help is appropriated.

Back to top Go down

Game lag/freezing for one family.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Game lag/freezing for one family.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 18:35

It's appropri what?

Anyway, big house? The more objects you have on a lot the harder the PC has to work.

Back to top Go down

Game lag/freezing for one family.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Game lag/freezing for one family.[SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Wed 10 Apr 2013, 19:16

The amount of space left on your drive doesn't really impact the sims much (not while playing), it's the amount of RAM you have. So how much RAM do you have?

This has also happened to a couple of other people, and we haven't found a good way to solve it yet.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 14:05

It's in sunlit tides. I tried with a big family in a big house and the game ran fine. I've got 5.48 GB of RAM that's usable. I'm going to try and make another family in the same neighborhood and see what happens.

Edit: OK so made another family same neighborhood and no problem so far. What gives? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 11 Apr 2013, 14:32

It has something to do with the game freaking out when the sims come back from university.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 17:18

Sad Any ideas on how to solve the issue? It didn't occur directly after the sim left it took some time. I'm not entirely sure though i'll have to try it out and see if I can recreate everything and see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 13 Apr 2013, 16:47

Hello,

What if you evict your family and move them back in?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Apr 2013, 18:32

Good suggestion, I didn't think of that.

Just tired it, no luck. First I saved them and their house. That didn't solve the issues so then i took away the house and moved them elsewhere. That didn't work so I split them up and put the uni grad in her own place. Still no good. The tired the non uni grad on her own, again same problem. Guess I'll just keep them in my saved files until I can play them. It sucks Sad

ETA: Bah. Having issues with other families on the island now. I'll have to play around with it more tomorrow it seems.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 13 Apr 2013, 21:44

Try saving them to the bin and placing them in a new world/save, maybe?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:41

Hello,

If you want to try that and preserve your neighbours' relationships, use this mod.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 15:07

Sorry for the late reply. I moved them to another neighborhood and it worked perfectly. I then tried the original family again and still had the same issue. Other families on the island work just not them. How odd but at least I was able to play the family I wanted.
Thanks again guys,

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:11

Hello,

Good to hear that.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top