Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error code 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error code 12 Empty Error code 12

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 04:39

Hallo there, I have a big problem with my sims 3, I have installed quitely all expansions but fast lane stuff, supernatural and world adventure. I have also installed the mods Error Trap, Master Controller, Overwatch, Porter, Relationship Panel and Story Progression. I moved my session to another and same new town with the porter (amazing it has putted a spectacular mess in the city but it has been crazy funny).
And I still have this "fout" error code 12 Facepalm Shocked FUU!
My computer runs with windows XP Ultimate edition 7 Service pack 3, Intel Core 2 CPU, 6400 @ 2.13Ghz, 2,00 Go RAM aaand new Ultimate Fix and 1,50 update installed.
Now I'm going to uninstall and reinstall all one more time but I'll try to play my session without Seasons to see if it is really because of this add or not. If you have any questions don't hesitate. Best regards from France, Bulle.

Edit: I have reinstalled all and it seems to be ok but I tried just one time to save... I'll tell you soon if an error occur again> The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

Error code 12 Empty Re: Error code 12

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 07:45

Hello.
Error 12 is a common and EVIL error. It is a World Save error that seems to be mostly Memory related.
The best way of dealing with this error is by making sure you do the following:
1. If you are going to install any mod, The best would be the Saver. It reminds you to save constantly. Usually within intervals of 30 minutes.
2. Shutting down background activities on your computer.
3. Installing a free program called Game booster which helps in the process of shutting down things that aren't necessary for running the sims and will start them back up when the game ends automatically.
(http://goo.gl/6bZh)
4. Defrag your computer.

Anything else that is needed to be done can be shown here (http://goo.gl/GRrdG) , but you dont have to do Everything if you are unsure of how to do it. What i told you to do here should be enough.

But, If it isnt, Please dont hesitate in posting in this thread.
Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 09:16

Hi Stabitha and many thanks for your intervention, I've ever tried the saver but I don't really like this mod because of the fact that it saves every 30mn and sometimes it can happen in a middle of a manipulation like shopping or smth like that.
I also shut down every activity in the machine but even when i stopped the antivirus it was doing that so i let it on now.
I think about defragment the machine it can effectively come from that, but now i've reinstalled all it seems to be ok with the error code 12. I've got at this moment in time a new kind of bug, a music appeared from nowhere, and my sim didn't succeed to go in her bed while others in the family do what I ask them to. Btw i try to save and since 10 mn it is still loading Suspect lol that is too crazy I stop for now I'll be back at the end of the afternoon and I'll try also the game booster.
Bedankt for your help. Have a good Sunday Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Mar 2013, 12:47

Hello,

Not sure whether this page says the same and gives the same suggestions, but try it anyway: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 19:24

Hi Admin yes thank you because i've tried all the solutions on that link but not the decrapifying tool so I'll try this if the problem happens again. For now I will try to play one more time and tonight if it doesn't works again I'll use that tool to see... It took two days to use the porter correctly so i feel it will take a lot of time. I just hope that all i did until now will make it work correctly...
Thank You
Edit: Error 12 is back, I begin the defragmentation and I have downloaded the Game booster. Now while it is defragmenting I try to see with the decrapifying tool and how it works... I use another computer to come on internet Surprised

Defragmentation done, but the game booster requires to be connected and i cannot with the machine I play with. I have the decrapify Area and I cannot read the User guide so now it is defragmented i'll try again to reinstall all
By the way i would like to know if I can modify the performance of the RAM and put 4 Gigas instead of 2... It seems to be required to play correctly with the sims 3 and adds but I don't want to break something in my machine.

Last edit I hope Smile I have upgraded the performances of my machine and have put 4 Go for the RAM, restarted and saved two times without having error 12... I will come back to confirm that .. or not Laughing but it seems to be good now.

Facepalm It doesn't works, the best configuration seems to be smth like windows 7, or vista with 4 gigas of RAM...

Ok I may have found a simple solution, I took my session, went into edit the town, saved my family into the library. After restarting the computer and cleaning all I suppressed the old session andstarted a new game into another town, took my family in the library with their house and I saved it two times after using also the buy mode and it seems to be good. I've read that this error 12 comes from bugs in the town where it happens. This time I didn't use the porter because I wanted to try another town. Now I hope it will be ok.

Arrghhh it is back again since I had the good idea to modify the town...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 05 Mar 2013, 21:41

Hello,

What do you mean? Did you actually add 4GB of RAM as in hardware...?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 03:13

Yes but I have putted it as recommended now: 3069
I have finally used the porter for my family only without the house after taking back all the things of the house. The porter seems to have sold all the stuffs from the family's inventory. I went back in a new town like the first one from they come. The error 12 still appears but just after a long session game and a lot of saves. I just added a little broken stuffs place into the town.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:38

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)