Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Ambitions -- Game won't start off launcher.[CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Ambitions -- Game won't start off launcher.[CLOSED] Empty Sims 3 Ambitions -- Game won't start off launcher.[CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2011, 05:48

Note: LONG post! I've had problems installing expansions. For the longest time, whenever I tried to install patches past a certain point I think the game wouldn't work) I would click the launch button from the Sims 3 Launcher and the game would just be a black screen. I was pretty sure the game was loading because the cursors changed in accordance with the intro movie and loading screen and home page, but I couldn't see it. I was convinced it was a problem with my video card -- I have an AMD Radeon HD 3200 -- and not a problem with my expansions because I tried the 1.19 update for my base game (retail) through EA and this black screen problem would happen to me.

I isntalled the Games4theworld expansion of High End Loft Stuff successfully. It seems that if I kept my game operating at the minimum patch required for HELS, it would work. I acquired the Games4theworld World Adventures download, and updated that to the minimum that it would work. But a bug in the game itself (the not being able to find beetles problem) caused me to need to patch my game further. I decided to try to tackle the latest updates.

I got the cumulative patches for base game (retail), WA, and HELS. I used the games4theworld super fix on WA and HELS. But I still got the black screen problem. Because I didn't wanna fork over money for a better video card, I installed an update from the AMD website and it worked great!

Recently, I've gotten bored with WA and wanted to install Ambitions. I've tried 2 times. I downloaded the torrent, unpacked it, and installed it according to instructions. First time, I did the install perfectly. I did Crack #1, Crack #2, and then after I installed it I used the games4theworld super fix and followed those instructions. When I would click play, the game would not load. I would click the play button and I didn't even get a black screen -- the launcher would simply close down but no game would appear. I thought it might be a problem with the Crack #1 folder in the Ambitions crack since it told me to overwrite files on a retail version?

I'm very confused. Again, the problem is that all the games are installed and patched, but the game itself won't even launch from the Launcher. Any help is appreciated!

And p.s., thanks so much you guys at Games4theworld. Not only do you provide awesome stuff but from what I see, your technical support is awesome!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Ambitions -- Game won't start off launcher.[CLOSED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Ambitions -- Game won't start off launcher.[CLOSED]

Post by Admin Thu 05 May 2011, 13:55

Hello,

From what I read I see that you haven't installed the Late Night and Outdoor Living Stuff expansions, as described in the Fix' "# Installation Guide.pdf", am I right?

If you haven't installed those yet, please install in the following order and your game should work fine (If you've already done one of the steps, just skip that one):

1. Install The Sims 3 base game.
2. Install Outdoor Living Stuff.*
3. Install Late Night.*
4. Install any other expansions you like. (For WA, just skip the "# Crack" folder)
5. Apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
6. Your game should be working fine now! If not, please post your problem below.

* = These expansions must be installed in order to make the game work.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Ambitions -- Game won't start off launcher.[CLOSED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Ambitions -- Game won't start off launcher.[CLOSED]

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2011, 03:51

For Late Night, the install instructions tell me to uninstall the expansions AND the base game (which is retail for me).
I don't mean to be annoying, but is that all very necessary (seems like a lot of work, but in the end I would hope that it's worth it!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 06 May 2011, 11:59

foxieq wrote:For Late Night, the install instructions tell me to uninstall the expansions AND the base game (which is retail for me).
I don't mean to be annoying, but is that all very necessary (seems like a lot of work, but in the end I would hope that it's worth it!)
Hello,

No, sorry, I forgot to say that; you don't need to do that either. Just install the games. It doesn't even matter if you do or don't apply the cracks either, because the Fix will fix it all for you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 08:11

The launcher stopped working so I got frustrated and uninstalled everything (base game and WA are retail versions). I've been trying to install Ambitions, Late Night and Pets. So do I only apply the cracks from the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:19

wonderwomanfan wrote:The launcher stopped working so I got frustrated and uninstalled everything (base game and WA are retail versions). I've been trying to install Ambitions, Late Night and Pets. So do I only apply the cracks from the ultimate fix?

Hello,

This topic is almost a year old and Admin's answers no longer apply. Please stick to your topic, thank you.