Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game- Service Initialization failed (0x02957b48).[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game- Service Initialization failed (0x02957b48).[SOLVED]  Empty Unable to start game- Service Initialization failed (0x02957b48).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 02:48

Having a little bit of a problem. I installed the game and all the expansion and stuff packs up to university life, I followed all the instructions from the ultimate fix, but when i start the game, the screen goes black, tries loading then crashes and send me a message saying "Unable to start game Service Initialization failed (0x02957b48). I've uninstalled the games and re-installed 3 times thus far, i even followed the instructions where i can stop the game from crashing by putting it in the DEP. Could you please help me. I am at a complete lose right now.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game- Service Initialization failed (0x02957b48).[SOLVED]  Empty Re: Unable to start game- Service Initialization failed (0x02957b48).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 03:35

Did you have any sims games installed before you installed the games4theworld torrents? Did you follow the "how to install the sims 3 correctly" guide?

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game- Service Initialization failed (0x02957b48).[SOLVED]  Empty Re: Unable to start game- Service Initialization failed (0x02957b48).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 03:41

Juice Box Monstah wrote:Did you have any sims games installed before you installed the games4theworld torrents? Did you follow the "how to install the sims 3 correctly" guide?

Yes i did have the blackbox version but i uninstalled everything and i reinstalled the "how to install sims 3 correctly" even downloaded the videos just to make sure that i'm on the right track. but i dont have ea origin. i had it but when i saw it was giving me the issue i deleted origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 03:53

Okay I know how to fix your problem! Very Happy Have you ever used a program called TeamViewer before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 04:00

Juice Box Monstah wrote:Okay I know how to fix your problem! Very Happy Have you ever used a program called TeamViewer before?
No but if it helps i'm gladly willing to use it :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 04:07

Okay, basically what is going to happen is I will be able to fix the problem for you while you just sit back and watch. Go ahead and go to http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx and click the big green button that says "Download free for private use".

When you install it, you will have options, choose "personal/non-commercial", accept and agree to the license, and chose "no (default)" when that pops up. once it installs completely, it will give you a user id, and a password, send both of those to me through a private message on here, (do not post the username and id in a reply to this thread) and then I will connect to you and help you. But once you send me the pm, don't touch anything. Okay? :] Don't worry we will have your game working in no time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 04:35

Dang I was for sure it was the regedit thing, I guess I should have asked first. Lol. Sorry about that! I still think it could be registry related, those blackbox downloads are annoying to get rid of. If you look at the guide by clicking here it might help you.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game- Service Initialization failed (0x02957b48).[SOLVED]  Empty thank you so much

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 04:41

Juice Box Monstah wrote:Dang I was for sure it was the regedit thing, I guess I should have asked first. Lol. Sorry about that! I still think it could be registry related, those blackbox downloads are annoying to get rid of. If you look at the guide by clicking here it might help you.

Thank you so much for the help... if you have any other suggestions if this one doesnt helpu'll inform me, going too add you as a friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 04:42

You're very welcome! Let me know if it works -- or doesn't, and I will try to help you the best I can! Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 04:45

Juice Box Monstah wrote:You're very welcome! Let me know if it works -- or doesn't, and I will try to help you the best I can! Good luck!

Trying to understand the instructions given... lolzzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 04:58

Juice Box Monstah wrote:You're very welcome! Let me know if it works -- or doesn't, and I will try to help you the best I can! Good luck!

so apparently, i have a red x by 70's, 80's and 90's stuff. Trying to delete all values, but nothing is happening lolzzz... doesnt this game want me to have it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 05:01

or i might just have to uninstall it manually and see what happens from there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 06:21

Make sure after you uninstall it you delete it out of your registry with regedit, too. :] Good luck! Hope this works for you! :]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 13:29

Juice Box Monstah wrote:Make sure after you uninstall it you delete it out of your registry with regedit, too. :] Good luck! Hope this works for you! :]
Thank you... i think i might just uninstall everything n do them over one last time... lolzzz.... slowly... lolzzzz... if it does work, well i'll have to just plau with the base game only

//EDIT

I have solve the problem :-) Like you said as i had backbox, it's a
stress to get rid of, so what i did was remove every thing in reference
to ea and sims from regedit, restarted my laptop, then i install every
thing again so now i'm not getting the failed error no more but it's
seems to be crashing,. It tries loading then when i see it takes to long
i open task manager and sims3 sen amessage saying it has stopped
working, going to try putting it in DEP ti see if that helps

//EDIT

okay putting it in DEP but it didnt work... let me see if i can get any
threadtelling me what to do or imight have to post a new thread

Admin edit: Please don't spam, but use the "Edit" button. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:51

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 16:51

that's okay.. everything is working now. pc just needed to be reformatted.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 01 Apr 2013, 11:38

Hello,

Good to hear it's working!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top