Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 and expansions for macbook air. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 and expansions for macbook air. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 and expansions for macbook air. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:37

Hi!
For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to get the Sims 3 plus expansions for my macbook air, but no matter what i do i seem to run into some sort of problem and all the time i spent downloading becomes a waste. Between all the different help sites and directions i really have no idea whats true.

Is there anyway you could post one COMPLETE and straight forward set of directions that will work for my macbook air OS X 10.8.2? All the directions ive tried ive encountered some sort of bump in the road that only works on a pc or simply no longer works. Or the directions will be missing a step (like how to install the sims 3 on a mac in your beta guide for installing the sims 3 and late nights-it is missing how to get registration codes and the instructions within the torrent provide a code generator that cannot be used on a mac)
I need to know which downloads to get that will FOR SURE work on my mac. And the directions cant have hidden codes or instructions that can only be read on a pc. If you could do this for me i would be so grateful! (i know its a lot to ask, but i cant be the only one who has a macbook air and wants to play sims 3!) Sorry for such a long post...i didnt want to leave anything out. If it doesn't exist let me know as well Smile Thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 and expansions for macbook air. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 and expansions for macbook air. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 00:18

Hello!
All links from here work on Mac, except the base game. You have to look for "Razor" version. That's the one I have and it works perfectly on my iMac.
Once you download them, let me know and I'll tell you exactly what to do first.

Also get the Super Patch from this link: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v150-fix-manual-patch (Do NOT update the game from the Launcher).

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 and expansions for macbook air. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 and expansions for macbook air. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 17:50

Thanks! do you have a link to the razor version? i'm not sure i found the right thing. And is the razor version the base game or just a crack? because i dont even have a base game yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 23:00

Hey! Sorry I took so long to answer.

To get the Razor, go to The Pirate Bay and search for "The sims 3 razor1911" and download it. Unzip it (and all the expansions as well) with Stuffit Expander.
Then get the crack from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems and follow the instructions.

Do NOT update the base game from the Launcher. Use this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v150-fix-manual-patch (the one ending in .tgz)

Do all of this and let me know the outcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 18:13

it says the sims 3 razor1911 is a pc game...still works on mac? i started the download anyway, but let me know! thanks for the links!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 23:42

Yes, it's the one I have and it works PERFECTLY for Mac. That's why I gave it to you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 20:41

Wow i just saw your pic and you look just like a friend of mine Smile anyway...sorry for taking so long...i couldnt download everything until after i got home from college. They are now downloaded so if you could walk me through i would be SO thankful Smile oh and when do you apply the super patch to the base game? before installing the expansions/cracks or after everything is installed? Thankyou!

//EDIT

Also...to install the razor base game and the expansions i needed to open a .exe file so i downloaded something called crossover to read it since macs arent compatible. i dont know if thats what you did or if it was the right thing to do...but i guess razor and expansions arent completely compatible with macs? i still had to do some research to make it work. base is installed now though! but it seems like crossover is a little glitchy with the expansions. how did you did open the .exe files in the expansions? im just waiting for a reply before i apply the fixes/patches/cracks you told me to get. Thanks!

Last edited by roxanneperu on Sun 19 May 2013, 05:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 19 May 2013, 09:47

Hello Roxanneperu,

The games you download from G4TW are totally compatible with Macs, otherwise you couldn't make The SIms 3 work, right? Wink

And of course, you don't open the .exe file, as .exe files can't be opened in mac without using other tools, but yhis is unnecesarry.

Because we mac users have a special toll in our computers, disk utility! We can create a disk image (DMG)s only with a simple click, and this is you need to do right now. Also, it's a really necessary tool, so you should learn it, with other important stuff in Mac, if you use it. It's different then PC.

First of all, go to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utilities. Then click to File/New/Disk Image From The Folder. And choose where you want to put the DMG, It takes a while.

After that, you can simply double click on DMG and EP's gonna install.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 19:04

wow i had no idea Smile i got that far except when i clicked on the installer after i was done it said "could not verify the integrity of the installer". so i don't think i used the right file. i was trying to do it to university life. which file is it and where do i put it? thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 20 May 2013, 19:37

Hello Roxanneperu,

I've searche for your problem here and some people had the same issue before and found a solution.

1. Open Disk Utility.
2. Create a New Image. (You can name it whatever you want. doesn't matter Smile)
3. Make it 8 GB in size (you can adjust it from the panel)
4. Once you've made it, I double clicked it to mount it.
5. I copied all the contents of the Universty file that you download. Just make sure you copy the contents NOT the whole file into dmg that you created. And make sure the University Installer was at the top of the list in dmg.
6. Double click the dmg and you're done. (hopefully)

If you apply the instructions correctly your problem will be solved. Good luck! Smile

Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 22:58

hm ok...sorry i dont seem to be doing this right. maybe im not creating it right...but i double click and it doesnt mount. and i also dont know how to copy the contents or where to put them once they are copied. maybe i need a more detailed way of doing this because i must be skipping something. sorry it hasnt worked yet!! thanks for the help so far Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 21 May 2013, 10:32

Then please take a look to this guide. We can only explain that clear for you Smile

Please take your time and read carefully. There are also pictures for every step so it should work.

Good luck!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2013, 07:16

this looks PERFECT thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 22 May 2013, 11:09

You're welcome Smile

Just follow it and let us know the result.

Edit: Topic is closed.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top