Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 02:37

hello, I recently downloaded pets, seasons, supernatural, and world adventures. I did the manual update and applied the fix, and it worked great. but then I decided I would want to install generations and ambitions. I did that, but it gave me "Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)". I reinstalled the manual patch, and reapplied the crack, but it did not work.

but I also didn't install any of them to my (C) drive, but my (data(D) drive. therefore I have no clue how to work out the regedit, even though I don't know if that would work because I haven't uninstalled anything. I really need help. I don't want to reinstall everything to my (C) drive, because I don't have very much space left on there.

what do I do??? please help!!

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 04:07

Please list all expansions you have installed - you told us what you recently downloaded, but is that everything you have installed? And follow these directions:

XP: Click Start -> Run then copy/paste the following command in the edit box
Vista/7: Click Start and copy/paste the following command in the search bar

(Note: If you're not using an English install of Windows you may need to change the word "Desktop" to your language's equivalent.)

32bit: (click the white box)
Spoiler:

64bit: (click the white box)
Spoiler:

Using that command should put a file on your desktop called "Sims3.reg" - if you would, right click the file and click on "Edit" then copy and paste all of the text in that file in a reply here. To make things look cleaner (like the white boxes up above) you can use spoiler tags ([ spoiler ] paste right here [ / spoiler ] <-- remove spaces between the square brackets).

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 04:47

yes, those are all. i accidentally forgot to mention i installed showtime along with pets, seasons, supernatural, and world adventures. i installed the base and those all at one session.

heres what was in there:
Spoiler:

I have no clue what I've done wrong..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 04:55

I found 3 issues in there:
1) Ambitions looked to be installed, but you didn't mention it.
2) Generations looked to be installed, but it wasn't mentioned.
3) The SKU for the base game and World Adventures must be the same, else you'll get an "Invalid Region" error (other expansions/packs don't matter, but those two must be the same).

Here's what I did to fix them:
1) Removed the key for Ambitions.
2) Removed the key for Generations.
3) Changed the SKU for the base game from 7 (online download) to 2 (I forget which region this is - it has no bearing in game though) so that it matches World Adventures.

Right click the Sims3.reg file and select "Edit" again. This time delete all of the text in there. Copy the blue text inside the white box, and paste it into the file. Save the Sims3.reg file then double click it.

Spoiler:

Let us know if you still have issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 05:13

in the first post, I said, "I decided I would want to install generations and ambitions," and so I did. that's I guess that's what cause my game to not work?

if I have to go without those two, I can. But I really really wanted them. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 05:21

Oh, I missed that when I went back up to see what you had listed. Give me a minute to look over your .reg file again -- I'll edit this post when I'm done.

This is the only other item that jumps out at me:

Spoiler:

Is your Supernatural really installed in a directory called latenight? The executable name matches Supernatural, so I'm thinking it is. It's fine if it is, as long as you didn't have latenight installed there at one point also. I'd be confused by this, but if it works it works.

If that's not the issue, then try renaming your "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" folder to "The Sims 3.bak" and see if the launcher will let you in. If it does then there's something corrupt in there and there's a few options on how to proceed. I'll go over those options once you catch up to this point Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 05:44

I was making the folders for all the stuff and I accidentally put supernatural in latenight ^^;

oh.. I had renamed the latenight folder to supernatural, could that have messed anything up? sorry I'm really clueless..

and the launcher still messes up..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 05:50

Yes, if you renamed the folder after installing that's where the issue is I'm fairly certain.

Copy and paste this into that Sims3.reg file (removing everything else), save it then double click:

Spoiler:

Fixes in this one:
- changed "latenight" to "supernatural" in the Install Dir and ExePath for Supernatural
- changed the SKU for the base game from 7 to 2 (as explained previously)

Everything else is what you originally had.

Side note: you can rename the "The Sims 3.bak" folder back to the original name ("The Sims 3")

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 06:06

HOLY HECK DUDE! you are a life saver! (considering that my brothers and sister play sims 3 on the same computer, and they would have killed me!) thank you so so much! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 06:07

No problem. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Sim on simmer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top