Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:16

Help 

Hello everyone, especially to the very helpful moderators of this forum. I would like to know how to fix this problem.

I have installed the Sims 3 base game and all of the expansion packs (all are cracked) of the game. However, after installing the last two of it (Katy Perry Sweet Stuff and the Outdoor Living stuff), the error occurred. 

I think the problem is pertaining to the SKU in the registry editor. I am from the Philippines and I have listed PH as the "Country" and I am not sure what should be the SKU for all the expansion packs.

I have seen a similar post from before but it does not contain all of the expansion packs that I need in the Sims3.reg file.

Thank you very much in advance for answering my query. Happy simming everyone!

PS: You may ask why I have installed the SP06 and SP03 lastly.. - I was not able to download these two earlier so I installed the base game and the expansion packs that I have had then I installed SP06 and SP03..

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:19

Ok, here's what you do:
Open the registry, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims
Delete all the folders that correspond to games that are not installed on your computer.
Then restart your game! Wink

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:24

Hi shamrock, I appreciate your quick response. I think that all of the folders in the registry editor are all installed though.. How do I know if an expansion pack is not installed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:27

Ok: Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\
Compare both, and delete in the registry all the ones that are not in Program Files.

Last edited by Shamrock on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:30

I have thoroughly checked my registry editor and the filepath (D:) of my Sims 3. All of the folders in the registry editor are installed in my game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:32

Is D: an external drive?
Did you install a Blackbox?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:33

D: is only a separate driver for all of my games. Sorry for the confusion..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:36

So external? If so, make sure it is the correct letter (same as when you installed).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:38

It is an Internal Driver. Yes. the ExePath and Install Dir fields in the registry editor leads to D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:40

OK. And no Blackbox?
Oh, and did you recently install a Sims3Pack?
Go to Documents\Electronic Arts, and rename "The Sims 3" folder to "The Sims 3.old". Then restart your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:42

I am still getting the same error message.. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:43

Oh snap.
Then total uninstall is in order...
I could check your registry before though. If you're up for a Team Viewer meeting...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:44

I have not installed any blackbox.

//EDIT: Yes please. Please see my registry. How am I going to show these to you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:46

Install Team Viewer, then pm me your ID and password.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 16:50

Okay shamrock, I will install the teamviewer first.. Thanks to your patience with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 17:07

So what happened is hungryheart renamed some folders. And registry didn't change...
Fixed by Team Viewer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 17:11

Now it's working! Thank you very much shamrock! Hammertime 

Lessons Learnt: Be careful when changing the folder names where the EPs and SPs are installed. 

For now, I have one last question.. I lost my save game.. If I rename the folder The Sims 3.old back to The Sims 3, will it solve the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 17:12

Yes it will!
Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top