Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with expantions. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with expantions. [SOLVED] Empty Help with expantions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 05:17

Hi everyone!
I really want to download the new University pack but after downloading the torrent it said "This program cannot be run in DOS mode." Which I belive means that this is supposed to be for Windows only?
Can anyone help? I already have the base game and I have read the "How to install The Sims 3 correctly." but I already have the base?

Thanks in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

Help with expantions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help with expantions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 22:45

Hello!

Did you use Stuffit Expander to unzip University Life? Is your base game an original game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 06:29

TCPCohen wrote:Hello!

Did you use Stuffit Expander to unzip University Life? Is your base game an original game?

Nope I used iZip

If by original you mean I actually got it in stores/payed for it then yes. I also have no other expansions just the base game. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 08:16

As it's said in other posts, it is necessary to use Stuffit Expander to unzip the EP. It's the only application that really extract every item correctly.
After you extract them using this program, you have to create a DMG and copy all the items (NOT THE FOLDER ITSELF!) into the DMG ordering them by kind, so the Installer of the game is in first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 22:56

TCPCohen wrote:As it's said in other posts, it is necessary to use Stuffit Expander to unzip the EP. It's the only application that really extract every item correctly.
After you extract them using this program, you have to create a DMG and copy all the items (NOT THE FOLDER ITSELF!) into the DMG ordering them by kind, so the Installer of the game is in first place.

Thanks so much! I did what you said and now it works Smile
Honestly though your a life saver!

One last question though. Can I eject the DMG/ disk image or would that mess it up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 23:39

You're welcome! Very Happy
Yes, you can eject the DMG because the game is already installed and (I guess) the crack is where it has to be.

Happy Simming!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top