Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"unable to start game" and empty origin folder?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"unable to start game" and empty origin folder? Empty "unable to start game" and empty origin folder?

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 22:20

hi, i'm hoping someone can help me out. so i downloaded and installed the base game from origin and then got university off TPB.

i've correctly cracked the game, putting the uni crack in the program file for the base game. however, while i did have a folder for origin games, it was empty, and i had to create the "The Sims 3/Game/Bin" folders which i found odd, since the base game is obviously installed.

anyway, the error i get is "unable to start game" Service Initialization Failed (0x0175dcbb) and from the launcher i get the standard "no cd" message. any help would be greatly appreciated. oh, and i've already manually patched!

Back to top Go down

"unable to start game" and empty origin folder? Empty Re: "unable to start game" and empty origin folder?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 04:29

rmstar56 wrote: putting the uni crack in the program file for the base game
Please be more specific?
> Uni crack?
> Where EXACTLY did you put this folder?
The Sims Plumbob 1 > Cracks are no longer needed from the folder you got when you downloaded the files from The Pirate Bay. Use the Crack folder from the Ultimate Fix to crack your game. [If your talking about cracking your base game then this if different.]

rmstar56 wrote: while i did have a folder for origin games, it was empty, and i had to create the "The Sims 3/Game/Bin" folders which i found odd, since the base game is obviously installed.

Did you make sure you are taking the right path?
If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )
> It's odd that you didn't have any folders as seeing you did make the right path can I see a screenshot of the path you took to better understand the problem?

rmstar56 wrote:i get the standard "no cd" message. any help would be greatly appreciated. oh, and i've already manually patched!
Refer back to green plumbob.

Source for Origin path: How to install the Sims 3 correctly (From here) I can't post links my account isn't old enough otherwise I would've posted a link.

Back to top Go down

"unable to start game" and empty origin folder? Empty Re: "unable to start game" and empty origin folder?

Post by t2sink Sat 23 Mar 2013, 05:15

Did you custom install The Sims 3 from Origin, you shouldn't have to create folders, they should have been made when you installed The Sims 3.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top