Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freezes up without error during character creation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freezes up without error during character creation Empty Freezes up without error during character creation

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 12:28

Hey everyone, I'm running ML 10.8.3 and I have every expansion and stuff pack installed.

I'm running with no custom content at all and the game is properly cracked as it launches/loads just fine.

For some reason, though, it just complete freezes up during character creation. Sometimes it freezes right at the start and sometimes it freezes a few minutes into the creation process. It never generates an error and I have to apple/alt/escape out of it. When I do this, the program is just gone and there is no process to kill or anything.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Are there any logs I can look at that will tell me what the error is?

Any help is more than appreciated! Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Freezes up without error during character creation Empty Re: Freezes up without error during character creation

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 19:31

Mine does this too - although I found it only did AFTER installing custom content/store content
I had uninstall my games completely, install the base game **APPLY MANUAL PATCH** then proceed to update and install/update the expansions (in order) > ** APPLY MANUAL PATCH AGAIN**
Then apply the fix and crack (assuming you know how to do this)
Consult this for detailed installation instructions:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7248-how-to-install-sims-3-with-or-without-ep-s-on-mac-dmg-creating

This got the game to work for me with NO custom/store content

If you're going to reinstall, follow this helpful guide on clearing preferences/doing a clean install:
http://bluebellflora.com/ts3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac-2

Hope this helps!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top