Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezes during loading screen.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes during loading screen. Empty Game freezes during loading screen.

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2016, 12:45

Hello!

Hope this isn't a handful to read.

Alright, so I have installed the sims 4 base game successfully and then did the update only fix. I tried to run it the first time and it worked perfectly! However, I wanted to see that no errors happen in the future when I open my game. 
So I quit the game and tried opening it again, it worked but upon reaching the two 'skippable' cutscenes, the giant plumbob with a game 'tip' underneath, spins for a good 5 seconds and then a grey-ish layer goes over the whole screen and it is now frozen. *Note that when I first ran the game, it had a few mods installed. I have tried eliminating suspected mods however to no avail. I have also removed all my mods and the game still freezes even before reaching the main menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ❤️

Add:
- I have read a few handful of topics on the site regarding game freezes and crashes however I cannot find one that applies to my situation. Common suggestion was to install the Get to Work EP and Get Together + hotfix. But what if I do not wish to have those installed? Is it possible to have only the base game + update only fix and get it to work? Or do I have to install all of the mentioned EPs to get a working update?

Back to top Go down

Game freezes during loading screen. Empty Re: Game freezes during loading screen.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Jun 2016, 19:59

EmiliaW wrote:Hello!

Alright, so I have installed the sims 4 base game successfully and then did the update only fix. I tried to run it the first time and it worked perfectly! However, I wanted to see that no errors happen in the future when I open my game. 
So I quit the game and tried opening it again, it worked but upon reaching the two 'skippable' cutscenes, the giant plumbob with a game 'tip' underneath, spins for a good 5 seconds and then a grey-ish layer goes over the whole screen and it is now frozen. *Note that when I first ran the game, it had a few mods installed. I have tried eliminating suspected mods however to no avail. I have also removed all my mods and the game still freezes even before reaching the main menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ❤️

Add:
- I have read a few handful of topics on the site regarding game freezes and crashes however I cannot find one that applies to my situation. Common suggestion was to install the Get to Work EP and Get Together + hotfix. But what if I do not wish to have those installed? Is it possible to have only the base game + update only fix and get it to work? Or do I have to install all of the mentioned EPs to get a working update?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @EmiliaW,

I moved your post to the "Mac Support", after I saw you put "Mac OS" in your profile information. That said, The Sims 4 works differently than previous Sims games.

With The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 you could pick and choose which DLC you wanted to have. But nowadays with The Sims 4, you really need to have ALL the things installed. Theoretically it may be doable to modify the game files so that people can choose the DLC, but I imagine that would be a ton of work-effort.

Moreover, we cannot give any official Mac Support either on TS4. Please refer to the announcement here for more details.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22821-a-note-on-mac-linux-support-for-the-sims-4-please-read

Sorry I can't help more here. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game freezes during loading screen. Empty Re: Game freezes during loading screen.

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2016, 22:04

I've had exactly same issue. My solution was to install game in this order Base Game->GTW->GT->Hotfix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2016, 03:22

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
EmiliaW wrote:Hello!

Add:

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @EmiliaW,

I moved your post to the "Mac Support", after I saw you put "Mac OS" in your profile information. That said, The Sims 4 works differently than previous Sims games.

With The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 you could pick and choose which DLC you wanted to have. But nowadays with The Sims 4, you really need to have ALL the things installed. Theoretically it may be doable to modify the game files so that people can choose the DLC, but I imagine that would be a ton of work-effort.

Moreover, we cannot give any official Mac Support either on TS4. Please refer to the announcement here for more details.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22821-a-note-on-mac-linux-support-for-the-sims-4-please-read

Sorry I can't help more here. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hmm.. It's all good. ☺️ Thank you very much, appreciate your reply. I'll probably try to install those DLCs and see what happens then. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2016, 03:25

simmer_tony wrote:I've had exactly same issue. My solution was to install game in this order Base Game->GTW->GT->Hotfix.
 Thanks! Will try it out.

Edit: Do you have any mods installed? If so, do they show up in game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top