Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-game Lifetime wish is blank.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In-game Lifetime wish is blank.[SOLVED] Empty In-game Lifetime wish is blank.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 13:16

Hello again.

There is a problem in my Sim, and I tried so many ways to solve it but I can't. I need help.

My Sim's lifetime wish is to become an astronaut, he achieved it but as I continue to play, I found out that my Sim's lifetime wish is gone though he has done it already. It's blank.
I read some posts in this forum related to this issue, I used the MasterController mod but I see that there is no problem in choosing the lifetime wish in CAS. There are lifetime wishes available in the slots.
I installed some skin mods and others, I removed them temporarily and placed them to my desktop. Nothing worked.

How can I fix this? How can I see again that my sim has successful in achieving his lifetime wish?

Back to top Go down

In-game Lifetime wish is blank.[SOLVED] Empty Re: In-game Lifetime wish is blank.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 15:18

Could be just an UI bug. Maybe the texture for the complete wish is missing, if that's the case you can try reinstalling the game.

You can also try a mod that lets you achieve more than one lifetime wish, I think it's on MATY but I'm not sure.

Back to top Go down

In-game Lifetime wish is blank.[SOLVED] Empty Re: In-game Lifetime wish is blank.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 02:08

Reinstall?
The whole game including the expansion packs or just the base game?
And can you please give me the link of that mod, i'll try if it will work

EDIT//

That image shows what it looks like.
No achieved lifetime wish even though he got it.

Last edited by genji on Mon 22 Apr 2013, 12:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 21 Apr 2013, 12:38

Hello,

Did you clear the caches when you temporarily removed your mods?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 20:34

Yes Ma'am.
The 4 caches.
Every time I install or remove a mod, I always remove the caches before playing the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Apr 2013, 21:16

genji wrote:Yes Ma'am.
The 4 caches.
Every time I install or remove a mod, I always remove the caches before playing the game.

So did you actually receive the lifetime points for completing the wish ? Maybe EA has changed this (with one of the more recent patches), and if you complete the wish it disappears ? What happens if you try choosing a new wish with MasterController ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 05:25

Yes I did receive lifetime points Sir.
A week of playing after completing the wish, it disappeared.
When I use the MasterController mod and choose the Edit in CAS, there are lifetime wishes to be chosen but when I choose one, nothing happens.
The lifetime wish is not registered in the box when in-game.
Even if I choose a different one, it's just a blue blank box (same as the image above).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:26

genji wrote:Yes I did receive lifetime points Sir.
A week of playing after completing the wish, it disappeared.
When I use the MasterController mod and choose the Edit in CAS, there are lifetime wishes to be chosen but when I choose one, nothing happens.
The lifetime wish is not registered in the box when in-game.
Even if I choose a different one, it's just a blue blank box (same as the image above).

Do you also have "MasterController Cheats" installed ? If no, then download and install it.
Click on a sim, then go to NRAAS/Master Controller/Intermediate/Lifetime wish and try changing it this way.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Mon 22 Apr 2013, 17:04; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 12:06

No Sir, I haven't.
I downloaded it now and tried it.
It worked!
Smile
But I gained lifetime points again, it's very cheaty.
Anyway, thank you so much Sir.
You saved my Sim from restarting the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 22 Apr 2013, 14:42

I've always had this "problem" occasionally since I first got the base game in January of 2010. If you have it again, just know that it's not caused by anything outside, that it's just a thing that the game does. I usually got the ltw image back if the sims aged up.

Anyways, glad everybody could help, enjoy the game! Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top