Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 with all expansions shut down laptop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 with all expansions shut down laptop Empty Sims 3 with all expansions shut down laptop

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 22:36

Hello.
I have a huge problem here. My laptop shuts completely down after 5 minutes of entering the game. I start to build or create a Sim, and it just shuts down.
My laptop is:

Acer Aspire 5742
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i5-460M processor 2.53 GHz to 2.80 GHz ( with turbo )
Intel HD Graphics
4 GB DDR3 Memory
320 GB HDD

I've even tried putting a base with to vents under the laptop and still it crashes ...
Can anyone help me ???

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 with all expansions shut down laptop Empty Re: Sims 3 with all expansions shut down laptop

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Apr 2013, 00:31

Andy_Philipe1981 wrote:Hello.
I have a huge problem here. My laptop shuts completely down after 5 minutes of entering the game. I start to build or create a Sim, and it just shuts down.
My laptop is:

Acer Aspire 5742
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i5-460M processor 2.53 GHz to 2.80 GHz ( with turbo )
Intel HD Graphics
4 GB DDR3 Memory
320 GB HDD

I've even tried putting a base with to vents under the laptop and still it crashes ...
Can anyone help me ???

Alright then Smile..firstly, have you turned off Data Execution Prevention for The Sims 3 ?
- press "Start", then right-click on "Computer" and select "Properties". On the left-hand side there should be the option of "Advanced System Settings".
- go to Advanced/Performance/Settings
- click "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select", then click "Add"
- select the .exe file for your Sims 3 base game at first ("TS3W.exe"), located in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Sims3\Game\Bin. However, you should add the .exe files of your expansions too, to be on the safe side. They can be found in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\(name of expansion)\Game\Bin.
- reboot your computer

And then there are things like these:
- turning off unnecessary background processes/programs
- right click on the .exe file of your base game (and expansions) and mark "Run as administrator" & "Run in compatibility mode for Win XP"
- lower the graphics settings of your computer
- lower your in-game graphics settings
- remove your "Mods" folder, if you have one (located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3).
- is your graphics driver up-to-date ?

If nothing of this helps, then there could be a hardware problem like dirt/dust in the laptop ventilation; incompatible or damaged hardware parts; and probably many others.

Good luck Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 with all expansions shut down laptop Empty Re: Sims 3 with all expansions shut down laptop

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 17:59

NOP.
Thanks for the hints, but it still does not work... It keeps shuting down ...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Apr 2013, 21:10

Andy_Philipe1981 wrote:NOP.
Thanks for the hints, but it still does not work... It keeps shuting down ...

What about other software or games ? Do you also experience crashing with them or only with the Sims 3 ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 17:24

Only with Sims 3 ... I had to uninstall the 3 last expansions ( Seasons , 70's 80's 90's Stuff and University Life ) and only then it stopped crashing my laptop... Took it today to a PC store ( don't really know how to translate the word ) and they said the laptop is in perfect working condition. They've even opened it and there is almost no dust or dirt inside ...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Apr 2013, 17:27

Andy_Philipe1981 wrote:Only with Sims 3 ... I had to uninstall the 3 last expansions ( Seasons , 70's 80's 90's Stuff and University Life ) and only then it stopped crashing my laptop... Took it today to a PC store ( don't really know how to translate the word ) and they said the laptop is in perfect working condition. They've even opened it and there is almost no dust or dirt inside ...

Have you already tried to run a virus/malware check ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 20:19

Yes. I use Avast and it says there are no viruses present ...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Apr 2013, 20:29

Did you take a look at this here too ? Especially #3 ("Assigning more RAM memory to the game") ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 14:11

Had not tried that yet. Last night I installed the " 4GB Patch " but it did not solve the problem. I'm starting to think there could be a problem with the crack. I had the game installed for quite some time and it never gave me problems until I decided to install the last 3 expansions. Now I've uninstalled them but, after all, it still crashes, only takes a little longer... Are you sure the files provided here work ? I'm really starting to get desperate here ...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Apr 2013, 16:55

I am sure Smile
What about this here ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 13:50

Evil or Very Mad
Still nothing...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 13:58

Mmmmmh feels like your machine cannot handle the game Sad
Try to go into the settings of the game, and enable Vsync. That way, the game will use your Windows framerate and won't be so greedy...

//EDIT: also, check if the drivers of your graphic cards are up to date...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 May 2013, 14:04

Andy_Philipe1981 wrote:Last night I installed the " 4GB Patch " but it did not solve the problem.

Hello again,

I should have mentioned this earlier, but did you patch the correct file ? You should patch the "TS3W.exe"-file in Program files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin (this is the Sims 3 base game location).
Apart from the "usual tips" like defragmenting your hard-drive or freeing up space on your computer..there is this: go to the link I posted above ("How to install the Sims 3 correctly"), re-apply that big manual patch (current version: 1.50.56.021002), re-apply the "Ultimate fix", re-start your computer, and then see if this changed anything.

Also, have you checked out
the system requirements ?

Should nothing of this help, I will notify the other helpers, maybe they have another idea.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 18:44

I have your exact same laptop and I can say it won't handle more than the base game and 3 or 4 expansion packs (4 is pushing it), it will handle very little custom content as well.I would uninstall some expansions packs or it might harm your laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top