Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do we update each individual expansion/stuff pack?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do we update each individual expansion/stuff pack? Empty How do we update each individual expansion/stuff pack?

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 08:00

I've followed the stickied install guide for the Sims 3, and all worked wonderfully and I could play the game. But what I noticed is there was nothing mentioned about updating each expansion/stuff pack. I've been playing with vanilla version expansion/stuff packs all this time.

For example, the Sims 3: World Adventures pack installed with the vanilla version 2.0.86, while the latest version is 2.17.2.

I tried using the launcher to update the individual packs, but I get the "cannot connect to origin" error.

Is it even possible to update each pack individually? If so could someone please type out some instructions on how to do so? To my knowledge update 1.50 only updates the base game, but does NOT include the expansion pack patches correct?

Thanks.

Edit//
This is so confusing. I just read this in the official Sims 3 forums: "As of base game update 1.22.9 or later, players no longer need to update their expansions and stuff packs."
Does this mean we have to download and install update 1.22.9 first THEN download and install the 1.50 superpatcher? This would update each EP and SP to their current versions. Then the 1.50 superpatcher would update everything else. This makes sense, but according to here this logic is totally disregarded? lol

Last edited by invalidusername on Sun 21 Apr 2013, 11:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No need to double post ;))

Back to top Go down

How do we update each individual expansion/stuff pack? Empty Re: How do we update each individual expansion/stuff pack?

Post by invalidusername Sun 21 Apr 2013, 11:11

It's not actually necessary to update the previous expansions unless there are issues being caused by them not being updated (which is pretty rare). If you do want to update them anyways, I can definitely find you safe links to grab the updates though. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

How do we update each individual expansion/stuff pack? Empty Re: How do we update each individual expansion/stuff pack?

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 11:22

Are you sure the 1.50 superpatch updates each expansion and stuff pack? I just want everything up to date, so that I have all the fixes, and as many bugs squashed as possible.

After reading further it sounds like all previous updates are included in that 1.50 superpatch, and we don't have to update each pack individually anymore ever since update 1.22

I ended up following the instructions found on the sims3 wikia here using the standard method: simswiki. info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_PatchingEPSP

And after all that I went to gamecopyworld and downloaded the 1.50 no-cd crack files for the base game and it runs beautifully.

TL:DR Ever since update 1.22 we no longer have to crack each expansion/stuff pack. All we do now is install the latest superpatch, then install the latest patch friendly no-cd crack for the BASE game only.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 21 Apr 2013, 17:24

That's not quite right, the pre-generations expansions still have patches that could be applied if so desired (as the later patches don't touch expansions at all), but they are unnecessary, unless you're having one of those rare problems I had mentioned before.

Otherwise, you are completely correct. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 21:18

I understand now. Thanks! Smile
I guess I have that rare occasion then because my pre-generation games have not been updated, they are all using the very first versions they shipped out with.
Do I need to download Origin for the launcher to update the pre-generation games? Everytime I try hitting the update button it says "Unable To Connect To Origin.".
I want to update my pre-generation games.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 21 Apr 2013, 21:22

But are thy causing any problems in the game? It's kind of tough to find all the patches and download them, those ones have to be done step-by-step now, there's no big update you can do, sadly.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 21:42

My game is crashing everytime I quit the game. I looked at the crash log and it indicated that my pre-generation games are not updated.
I've found the individual archived patches on the simswiki. I don't see why you would say it's unnecessary to patch the pre-generation games up to their current versions though. Wouldn't I be missing out on important bug fixes?

EDIT// Lol. I'll rephrase my question. When doing a fresh install, with all 18 games at once. Is there any need to patch the pre-generation games seperatley? Or does the 1.50 update patch all 18 games at once?

I'm really sorry for all this confusion lol, I just woke up and my brain is a bit foggy. My short term memory is really terrible. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top