Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Generations Updating Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Generations Updating Problem Empty Sims 3 Generations Updating Problem

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 22:57

Hello, I must first thank you for your continued torrents of the Sims 3 and its expansions along with your great support. Earlier I had been playing Sims 3, and I saw that the Generations pack came out so I installed it. I tried to update it and received and invalid file error so I decided to download the Sims 3 Ultimate Fix. My problem is I can start the launcher, but whenever I hit the update button nothing happens nor will the game automatically update. I even tried putting all the cracks on and then hitting update with the same result. Finally, I have done the first steps in the Fix without the Cracks and restarted my computer with the same result. I am not sure what to do since the launcher version is at 1.27 which is far away from the latest version which is in the 8's. Previously with everything installed and without the fix when I was getting the invalid file error the game was patched to 7.XXX, which at that time was the latest patch.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Generations Updating Problem Empty Re: Sims 3 Generations Updating Problem

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 00:22

Hello,

Well, if you have Generations installed, please uninstall it. When you've done so, restart your PC.
Now, reinstall Generations. When that's also done, re-apply the latest version of the Fix.

You should now have the latest version of the launcher. Please tell me if it didn't work and what is the problem.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Generations Updating Problem Empty Re: Sims 3 Generations Updating Problem

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 00:56

At your request, I followed the instructions to the word. I still have the same updating problem, in which I need an update, but neither the button nor automatic update will work. Now the game is only patched to 1.21 and needs to get to 7.3.2. Do I need to completely reinstall the whole game and all stuff + expansion packs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 01:01

Mojo674 wrote:At your request, I followed the instructions to the word. I still have the same updating problem, in which I need an update, but neither the button nor automatic update will work. Now the game is only patched to 1.21 and needs to get to 7.3.2. Do I need to completely reinstall the whole game and all stuff + expansion packs?
Hello,

You could always try manual updating, that should always work.

But if you want to do a clean installation, uninstall all The Sims 3 games and then restart your PC. When done so, please continue as following (If you've already installed one of the games, just skip that step):

1. Install The Sims 3 base game. (If you've already installed the base game, ignore this step!)
2. Install Generations*
3. Install any other expansions you like. (For WA, just skip the "# Crack" folder)
4. Apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
5. Your game should be working fine now!

* = These expansions must be installed in order to make the game work.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 01:18

I had the same problem, I installed generations and put the fix in as well when i started the launcher it showed that i had all expansions packs(except for the base game, generations, and fast lane stuff) which is weird, because I've came across this before. I'm guessing you will have to install generations right after you install the base game.

Any suggestions admin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 01:21

Huskers190 wrote:I had the same problem, I installed generations and put the fix in as well when i started the launcher it showed that i had all expansions packs(except for the base game, generations, and fast lane stuff) which is weird, because I've came across this before. I'm guessing you will have to install generations right after you install the base game.

Any suggestions admin?
Hello,

Well, that's exactly what I said in my previous post...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 01:23

haha sorry admin, just trying to make sure I understand. thanks for your work

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 01:32

Huskers190 wrote:haha sorry admin, just trying to make sure I understand. thanks for your work
Hello,

No, it's OK. Sorry for that. I'm still experimenting to see what works and what doesn't.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top