Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Problem with updating The sims 3 1.42

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Problem with updating The sims 3 1.42 Empty HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Problem with updating The sims 3 1.42

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 14:42

Hi guys, thanks for spending your time watching this. Here my problem: I just downloaded the sims 1.42 patch from this website but there are some problems: after I had installed the patch, I opened the launcher, and It appeared a box said : ENTER YOUR REGISTRATION CODE HERE. I tried all the codes from the CD but it didnt work. Can you help me, please???

//EDIT

HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Problem with updating The sims 3 1.42 Untitl11
this is my file

//EDIT

HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Problem with updating The sims 3 1.42 Untitl12
and this is my problem

//EDIT

I clicked done many times but it didnt work Sad( any solutions????

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button instead. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Problem with updating The sims 3 1.42 Empty Re: HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Problem with updating The sims 3 1.42

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 15:12

Use my tool to enter any registration code (doesn't have to be valid): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t8929-registry-helper

I'm not sure if that will fix your issue, because I'm not sure what causes this specific error (the one regarding the CD key that I know how to fix is "...Installation is incomplete..." when there is an ErgcRegPath but no value) -- but it's worth a try. Try setting the ErgcRegPath to Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3\ergc

Back to top Go down

HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Problem with updating The sims 3 1.42 Empty Re: HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Problem with updating The sims 3 1.42

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 15:29

thanks for your comment. but it still didnt work. I bought this game from the store and It was 1.0.615 so I patched it to 1.42 and then I got this problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 15:33

Did you copy the files from the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix to your base game's installation folder? You can check by opening up the base game's installation folder and looking at the modification dates of TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll - they should both be 1 November 2012.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 15:40

where's the Ultimate Fix ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 15:47

oh hexorcist you're very kind but it still remains unchanged Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 15:56

Could you take a screenshot of your base game's installation folder for me please? I need to see the file sizes, so "Details View" would be best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:03

well do you have teamviewer Very Happy because I dont know which screenshots should be showed Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:04

Sure, meet me in chat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:18

can i have your email because i have to go sleeping now:(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:19

I replied to your message regarding my email. You can message me here - which is the same as emailing me.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 01 Jan 2013, 17:52

Another question, do you have any expansions, downloaded or otherwise?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:42

well i dont have any expansions. i just bought the base game from the store. do I need to have those?

Last edited by thanh31596 on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to inform details)

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:50

Well that's why you can't use the ultimate fix to get your game to work lol I'm replying on my phone, otherwise I'd link you to this page, but stuck to the top area of each of the main forums is a topic titled "How to install the sims 3 read this first" or something similar. Read through that, and that may help. If you can't find it, I'll be editing my post to stick in the link when I get home. Smile

However. I don't know as if that will help with the updating problem. So before doing anything else, you may want to wait for another opinion.

Last edited by invalidusername on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added on something I forgot.)
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:59

wow people on this page are extremely kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:06

Hello,

This is the topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and re-download both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix.

Please let us know the result afterwards. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 04:48

@Admin: Do I have to install some expansions too??? because I only have the base game now

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 02 Jan 2013, 05:17

You will have to install at least one expansion listed in that topic for the fix to work. I personally recommend Seasons, as it includes the update to 1.42 in the installation, which may help with your updating problem.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 05:30

OMG, Now my problem is this Sad(((((((
HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Problem with updating The sims 3 1.42 Untitl10

Last edited by thanh31596 on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:49; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating information)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:51

Sorry Very Happy I fix it!!!

Last edited by thanh31596 on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry :D)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 Jan 2013, 19:46

Hello,

Please do step 3 and 4 to fix that error: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Re-download the Ultimate Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top