Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Installation on Mac. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Installation on Mac. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Installation on Mac. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 01:47

Hi everyone,

I am running into a few problems when trying to install the sims 3 EPs and SPs. I was following one of the guides and I was installing the packs and updating them one by one (without copying the files in the crack folder, as I was using the Sims 3 ultimate fix too). However, some of the expansion packs wont update. I just continued installing the other packs then, when trying to install Master Suite, I got an error message saying that the sims 3 is not updated and so I cannot install the stuff pack. This has happened with Master Suite, Seasons, Katie Perry SP, and Diesel stuff.

I am unsure about what the problem is and why the game won't update, although an update is always available when I start the Sims 3 launcher.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Installation on Mac. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Installation on Mac. [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Thu 02 May 2013, 09:23

Hello,

I suggest you to follow these paths.

1. First install the base game. And update MANUALLY your game to latest version from here.
2. Then install all the games you want. After completing all the EP you wanna install, update your game again manually. And apply the Ultimate Fix.

This was the way how I worked the game for me. I hope sure it works for you too Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Installation on Mac. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Installation on Mac. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 14:24

Hi!
Thanks so much for your suggestion, however, it still isn't working for me.

This is exactly what I did:
- I installed the base game, and manually updated it using the fix you provided
- I went on to install all other EPs and SPs (without updating them individually); and when I got to the Master Suite SP, I got the same error message: "The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff".

I think I should probably just go out and buy the original copies. Very Happy
Not sure where the problem is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 14:26

Probably go to the Launcher and try updating your game to the latest version (Update tab).
Then try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 14:44

Yep, that's what I did... to no avail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 15:07

Try this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 15:25

Thanks!
That's quite interesting as my base game is an original copy, I did not download it.
I'll follow what they have there though and will report back. Smile
Thanks again!

//EDIT

Still hasn't worked for me...

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 02 May 2013, 18:23

Hello marinazmy,

Sorry to hear that. Can you tell me where did you get your base game from?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 18:48

Hi Phoebe,

I bought the base game from a store, I did not download it.

Marina

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 02 May 2013, 19:10

Hello Marina,

It's a known problem that base game conflicts with EPs as its origin is different. I suggest you to download the base game from this thread and follow the method. I hope it works this time. If you need further help, feel free to inform us.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 19:17

Will try that. Smile Thanks!!! I greatly appreciate all the suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 02 May 2013, 19:20

You're welcome.

Please let us know the result Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 02:03

Also do not apply the manual patch untill you hit the error with the Master Suite.
I had the same issue, dont patch after the first one because pre Master Suite is too many levels back from the current patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 04:38

Thanks soooo very much guys! I followed your suggestions and got it to work!!! Smile

//Helper edit: Problem solved, topic locked.
Shamrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top