Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game  Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 19:02

Hello, I have installed the base game and several expansion packs and stuff packs and doing clean reinstalls SEVERAL TIMES and this error still comes up. I tried installing by following the Ultimate Fix, and then when the error came up I installed following only the "How to Install Sims 3 Correctly" post. Still, no luck.

Using a Mac 10.7.5. Any help would be appreciated. At wit's end. Want to cry since cannot play Sims during summer break. Sad Help

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game  Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Re: Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Phoebe Mon 06 May 2013, 19:28

Hello Asaree,

Do you have custom content in your game? If you use, please try deleting them and also all cache files in your Sims 3 files.

You can acces those files from: \Users\"username"\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

The files you need to delete:
CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it.

And check your game again. Please let me know the result, if it doesn't work, we can find new solutions.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game  Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Re: Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 20:43

Phoebe wrote:Hello Asaree,

Do you have custom content in your game? If you use, please try deleting them and also all cache files in your Sims 3 files.

You can acces those files from: \Users\"username"\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

The files you need to delete:
CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it.

And check your game again. Please let me know the result, if it doesn't work, we can find new solutions.

Nope, still the same error Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 07 May 2013, 10:22

Hello,

You say you don't have mods in your game?

Then, cut The Sims 3 file from your Documents, and paste it somewhere over your desktop. Then restart your game, if it doesn't work unfortunately you need to uninstall your game manually. But do it first and let me know the result please.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 12:01

Phoebe wrote:Hello,

You say you don't have mods in your game?

Then, cut The Sims 3 file from your Documents, and paste it somewhere over your desktop. Then restart your game, if it doesn't work unfortunately you need to uninstall your game manually. But do it first and let me know the result please.

Nope, no mods. I did as you said, but the same error message still shows up. Uninstalling now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 07 May 2013, 12:19

Hello,

You should follow the instructions in 3rd post in this site. You need to uninstall manually.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 07 May 2013, 12:40

Hello,

We've dealt with this particular error before and it can be result of a mismatched patch level/crack combination. After you reinstall your game, make sure to use this patch and the crack from the Mac version of the fix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 19:16

Phoebe wrote:Hello,

You should follow the instructions in 3rd post in [link]. You need to uninstall manually.

Hi, the links in that post are all broken, is there another guide for manual uninstalling?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 07 May 2013, 19:19

Oh, yeah they were working today but not working right now... Please follow the instructions of Lady ElDi then. Just make sure you do every step carefully. And let us the result again.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 19:24

Phoebe wrote:Oh, yeah they were working today but not working right now... Please follow the instructions of Lady ElDi then. Just make sure you do every step carefully. And let us the result again.

OK, I'll use the uninstaller tool to remove all the expansions and stuff packs, and follow the directions on how to manually uninstall on the official website:

Manually Uninstalling The Sims 3 from a Mac
Delete the /Applications/The Sims 3 folder (or any for a Stuff of Expansion pack).
Delete the /Users/"User"/Library/Preferences/The Sims 3 Preferences folder.
Delete the /Users/"User"/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder.
​Note: This file can be saved as a backup to retain save games, simply rename it.

Will let you know the results of reinstalling.

//EDIT

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

We've dealt with this particular error before and it can be result of a mismatched patch level/crack combination. After you reinstall your game, make sure to use this patch and the crack from the Mac version of the fix.

Do I follow the rest of the fix, as in, do I put in the individual cracks for the expansions (steps 1-10)?

//EDIT

Also, I have to apply the patch immediately after installing the base game, or else the "incompatible" error comes up and I can't install anything else.

//EDIT

Unable to start game

Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Ok, so I reinstalled it and followed all the instructions in the Ultimate fix. I ahd to apply the patch right after the base game, then I installed all the other expansions. Then, I put the individual cracks in for the expansion, updated with the patch again, placed the crack, opened the game, and....

same error. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Admin edit: DO NOT spam, but use the "Edit" function instead and wait for a reply patiently! Thank you.

- ADMIN

Fixed the problem, I had to

1. Redownload the base game since the one from G4tw is Mac incompatible
2. Install the base game, THEN Master suite, crack it, THEN everything else, and then re-crack. It worked for some reason.

Thanks for the good work on the forum!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 15:31

Hi! I just wanted to ask since I've been having the same problem ( and I know this is from last year) but where'd you download your base game? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Aug 2014, 18:40

I am also having this problem. I have the Sims 3 Showtime but no mods installed. I am on a Mac 10.9. Sorry for late notice. When I launch the base game, it opens up to a black screen and then a window saying:

Unable to start game

Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 11 Sep 2014, 19:08

Hello,

We are suggesting the cracked version of Sims 3. You should be able to find it in Pirate Bay.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top