Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Unable to start game service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 18:45

Hello. I've created an account just to get help on this issue.
I've got all the expansion packs installed, and I've created DMG's from all the files and I've used Stuffit in order to expand the RAR archives, so I basically followed the instructions step by step to install all of them. I believe the problem happened when I was applying the Ultimate Fix. In steps 10-13, It states that;

10. For The Sims 3 Into the Future & Movie Stuff & Island Paradise & University Life & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural &Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations: open the “All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original".
Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to:
Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. (SO NOT TO THE EXPANSION’S GAME DIRECTORY!)
11. Open the The Sims 3 Launcher and navigate to the "Update" tab. Choose "Refresh". If a new update shows, install it. (RECOMMENDED) If you get an “Invalid File” error during the update process or if you have ANY other problems during the update process, use THIS manual patch instead!)
12. When done updating, completely close the game and the Launcher.
13. Open the “# Crack” folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original".
Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. (SO NOT TO THE EXPANSION’S GAME DIRECTORY!) 
Now, I was confused here; as I'd already followed step 3 which states to replace files and in steps 10-13 it tells you to replace the files again, twice;

3. For The Sims 3 - base game: open the "Base Game" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\ The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. 
But I decided to go through with it anyways. In steps 10-13 it stresses on pressing Show Original even though it doesn't state it in step 1, and there is no show original when right clicking the Sims 3 APP on the Applications\The Sims 3\ folder. So I thought that it was just a typing error and decided to just press ''Show Package contents'' on the sims 3 app and follow the instructions that way.

open the “All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original".
Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. (SO NOT TO THE EXPANSION’S GAME DIRECTORY!)
(Step 10) So I followed the path after pressing the Sims 3 app- show package contents- contents/resources etc. and copied the files from the ''All expansion packs released after and including generations'' and pasted it to the game/bin directory (replacing the files, of course, as i did for the other expansion packs in the previous steps.) I thought this was odd as I'd already replaced the files in step 1.
Okay, I updated the files, following step 11. Now onto the next step.
In step 13; It tells you to replace the same files again, which I got confused by, but did it anyways. After finishing all these steps, I opened the launcher, opened the game. It gives me a black screen for a minute or so, and then it closes and says ''Unable to start game service initialization failed (0x039e8474)'' and the game closes on it's own.

I've looked at other threads and repaired my disk permissions, and did a clean install. It didn't work. Facepalm 
Here are my questions:
1) In step 10 of the guide: Should I have clicked on show original-show package contents of the apps of all expansion packs released after and including generations (Sims 3 generations.app Sims 3 into the future.app etc, etc) and placed the crack in each one seperately? Or was what I had done correct by only placing the crack in the sims 3 app game/bin as it stated in the guide?
2) I heard in another thread that the Sims 3 base game from G4TW is not compatible with Mac (even though it installed perfectly for me.) Should I do a clean install by installing the base game from another website, but keeping all the expansions the same?
3) In step 13 of the guide: I'm a little bit confused because I had replaced the files in step 10 but it asks me to replace them again. Would you care to explain steps 10-13 to me with a little bit more detail?

I tried to be as detailed and clear as possible. I hope somebody can help me out. Thank you for taking your time to read this!

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Re: Unable to start game service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Dieneryn Thu 21 Nov 2013, 03:05

Hello there!

The error code that you have received is not related to wrong application of the Ultimate Fix, but rather an incompatibility between two mods. Do you have any game mods installed? If you do, please remove them and try the game again Smile

And yes, the base game from this site does not work for Macs, or may cause problems. Have you actually read our Mac Installation Guide? There is actually a link in the guide that points you to the appropriate base game.. In any case, here is the guide: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

Let us know how it works Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top