Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know what I did wrong...just don't know how to fix it...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I know what I did wrong...just don't know how to fix it... Empty I know what I did wrong...just don't know how to fix it...

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 14:19

Hi,

Just downloaded and installed Supernatural. I have the base game (bought) and Seasons (bought as well). I got hasty and used the crack per the installtion guide and later read that I should not have used it, right? When I go to play the game I noticed my Seasons icon was not highlighted (suggesting it was not installed--because I replaced the tsw.exe and the tslhost.dll, correct?)---and I got the error message "Sims 3 is no longer working". So I uninstalled Supernatural and got the same thing. So is that what I did? I didn't need to apply the crack? What can I do to correct this. Oh, and my game has been recently updated. Thanks so much!!

Back to top Go down

I know what I did wrong...just don't know how to fix it... Empty Re: I know what I did wrong...just don't know how to fix it...

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 14:31

What did you do with the Crack exactly?

Back to top Go down

I know what I did wrong...just don't know how to fix it... Empty Re: I know what I did wrong...just don't know how to fix it...

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 14:33

I put the crack in the C:Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\
Bin
Thanks for the quick reply

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 14:40

That was the right thing to do.
Is your game up to date?
Inside the Ultimate Fix, what is inside the #Crack folder are modified versions of the game, the rest of the folders contain the original files for the game.
Since Supernatural is uninstalled, try and replace your files in C:Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin with the original, and see if your game starts.
Then try to update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 14:49

Okay, will try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 14:51

Otherwise maybe your fix is not up to date.
If so, use this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 15:19

I used the files (tsw.exe and tslhost.dll) from the base game folder found in the fix and copied them into the C:\Program Files etc. etc. Tried the game and get an error message. Now what do I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 15:20

Ok, try the link I gave you, and use the files from the Crack folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 16:56

Now apparently I can't connect to Origin, but the startup has worked. Whew! (was considering just waiting for sims 4, ha, ha) So now in order to get other expansions to work, do I go through the same process of (obviously) installing the game and applying the appropriate crack? Or no crack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 17:07

Yes Crack!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 17:22

Okay, okay...I do appreciate it!!!!!!!!!Have a great day!!!What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 07 May 2013, 17:30

Hello,

Not the crack that comes with the expansion though Wink
Only use the crack from the latest ultimate fix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 19:24

I will do that...I got excited that I didn't see any error message but when I tried to play the game, it wouldn't work of course. So I'll do the fix again and then use the crack from the fix. Thanks!

//EDIT

Alright, I applied the crack (from the ultimate fix), put it in the
correct folder, started the game, and now it asks for the Master Suite
Disk. I don't have that disk. Hhmmmmm.......any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 07 May 2013, 20:16

Hello,

Did you actually do all these steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly and RE-DOWNLOADED both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix? It's very important that you re-download both of them, before doing what is instructed on that page.

DO NOT do anything else, other then what is instructed, and your game should work like a charm again.
Good luck and please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 17:09

It's working great. Sorry for the hassle....for future, if I should uninstall Supernatural do I have to copy the files from the base game crack so my game doesn't screw up? By the way, the forum here is one of the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 09 May 2013, 21:25

Hello,

No problem, we're here to help!
If you wish to uninstall one of the expansion packs, there are no special instructions, just uninstall and then the game should work just fine, without doing anything else.
Note that you must keep an expansion pack released after and including Generations installed, for it all to work together.

You're always welcome at Games4theworld's! Is there anything else we can currently help you with? Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top