Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REGISTRATION CODE NOT WORKING. Please help! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

REGISTRATION CODE NOT WORKING. Please help! [SOLVED] Empty REGISTRATION CODE NOT WORKING. Please help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 15:39

I purchased an official copy of the Sims 3 and installed via Origin.
When I try to play my game I get a pop-up from EA asking me to enter my registration code, but when I enter the code, the error keeps appearing over and over!

I click "done" when I have entered my code, but the error re-appears 2 seconds later.
I can also click "don't continue", but that just closes the error and doesnt let me play.

Here is a screenshot of the error
REGISTRATION CODE NOT WORKING. Please help! [SOLVED] 2eklz52

NOTE: My game code is NOT second hand
The first time I installed the game, it was possible to play, but I re-installed due to some issues with downloading custom content. Now it just comes up with this error!

Please help, I am really frustrated. I cannot find help anywhere.

Last edited by ohpinky on Fri 10 May 2013, 13:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

REGISTRATION CODE NOT WORKING. Please help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: REGISTRATION CODE NOT WORKING. Please help! [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 May 2013, 15:41

Hello,

Are you sure there are no typo's when you enter the registration code? Did you ever register this game before? If you did, do you have Origin installed and are you logged in?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

REGISTRATION CODE NOT WORKING. Please help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: REGISTRATION CODE NOT WORKING. Please help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 15:47

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Are you sure there are no typo's when you enter the registration code? Did you ever register this game before? If you did, do you have Origin installed and are you logged in?
Hi
I have not registered this game before, I bought the game literally 2 days ago.
It does not let me register this code on the Sims 3 website either, and says the code is invalid, but it let me install my game with it.
The game actually worked before I re-installed it.

I have an Origin account and I am logged in to it right now. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 May 2013, 15:52

Hello,

Hmm that's odd.
You could contact EA about this, but it'll probably take them a while to get back to you. A few days at least.

When you reinstalled it, did you restart the pc after uninstalling? There could be an issue with left-over registry keys.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 15:55

Hmm that's odd.
You could contact EA about this, but it'll probably take them a while to get back to you. A few days at least.

When you reinstalled it, did you restart the pc after uninstalling? There could be an issue with left-over registry keys.
Yeah it is.
I have posted on the EA forums, but had no luck yet. Do you know how I can contact EA using a ticket or something? I've looked around but can't seem to find somewhere I can just post a ticket or send them an email.

I did not restart the PC after uninstalling, I will probably re-install again and restart my PC this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 May 2013, 15:59

Hello,

That may do the trick. Please try that and let us know the result.
We obviously don't deal with this specific issue a lot, but not restarting the pc before a reinstall does usually cause problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 16:02

That may do the trick. Please try that and let us know the result.
We obviously don't deal with this specific issue a lot, but not restarting the pc before a reinstall does usually cause problems.
Thank you for your help anyway. Hopefully this will work.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 May 2013, 16:30

Hello,

You're welcome! Good luck.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 09 May 2013, 16:52

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask
That's the start to their "direct" support setup. Sometimes you'll get someone really helpful, like I did when I needed a new key for my Medieval pre-order content. But others you'll get stuck with someone that couldn't care any less about you and your issues. I hope you get someone that helps you out Smile

Just type in the question, then at the bottom of the results page, it has "I Still Need Help" and that brings you to their email support page.

~Look what I found! http://goo.gl/CP7l0 Looks like EA finally made a (mostly) user-run forum for help with their games. XD Might also find help there, though, since your game is legit.

EDIT! I found out where to go for a live chat. http://goo.gl/lXzsv It's the Origin help page. (Odd how they only offer the live support for Origin-related issues.) It's the same setup as before, but now the final page has "email" "live chat" and "call" Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 May 2013, 17:31

RE: Your other topic.

Hello,

Just saw your other topic. You won't need the registration code if you have UL and the crack. Not to play the game anyway. You may still want to use the code to register so you can use the social features in the game, but you can play the game with the crack in the right location.
I'll close the other topic, if you still have problems please post them here. It's easier for the team if all your problems are addressed in the same topic.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 23:03

Lady ElDi wrote:RE: Your other topic.

Hello,

Just saw your other topic. You won't need the registration code if you have UL and the crack. Not to play the game anyway. You may still want to use the code to register so you can use the social features in the game, but you can play the game with the crack in the right location.
I'll close the other topic, if you still have problems please post them here. It's easier for the team if all your problems are addressed in the same topic.
Hi
I have now re-installed Origin and the Sims 3 via Origin. I still get the message from EA requesting my registration key and cannot play the game.

I previously deleted all the files associated with the "Ultimate fix" and other crack files. Do I need to re-download this and use the crack from base game? I'm not sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 10 May 2013, 00:22

Hello,

Are you sure you're using your original registration code? This code usually pops up after installing the base game and not applying the crack. (Unless you have the original game disc inserted)

I recommend just doing these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
This will give you the latest, working version of the game. Note that you need AT LEAST ONE of the expansion packs released after and including Generations though.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 13:31

Admin wrote:Hello,

Are you sure you're using your original registration code? This code usually pops up after installing the base game and not applying the crack. (Unless you have the original game disc inserted)

I recommend just doing these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
This will give you the latest, working version of the game. Note that you need AT LEAST ONE of the expansion packs released after and including Generations though.
Hello
I was definately using an original registration code. I was able to redeem the code on Origin and download the Sims 3 from there.

I actually contacted EA via a live chat and they gave me a new registration code, so I'm assuming something went wrong on their side.

Every thing is fine now. Thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 10 May 2013, 22:28

Hello,

In that case it was an EA problem after all. (Not surprised though)
Glad it's working fine now!

Enjoy the game and do not hesitate to contact us again if EA let's you down again you need more assistance! REGISTRATION CODE NOT WORKING. Please help! [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top