Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Download doesnt work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Download doesnt work Empty Download doesnt work

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 11:26

Hey there,
since yesterday I try to download the Sims 3 University life from your page. The downoad starts and finish alright but then it says I have to install "Secure download". I tried to install it but everytime after 5 minutes it says that it is unable to configurate the server and that I have to try it later. But it never works. Please help

Back to top Go down

Download doesnt work Empty Re: Download doesnt work

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 11:35

What I suggest is you get the torrent from the Pirate Bay.
Do you know how to do so?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 12:14

no...I really dont have a clue..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 May 2013, 12:24

annasimmer wrote:no...I really dont have a clue..

Hello from me too,

Well, it's good that Helper Shamrock asked you that question
Wink. First of all google for a small program called "utorrent" (this is my personal favourite "torrent client"). After downloading, just double-click the .exe file and follow the instructions.
If you want to, you may brose this page here: http://portforward.com/
Although "port forwarding" can be a bit tricky, it is not that essential for downloading via torrent (it makes torrent downloads faster, though).

Now if you download these (usually very small) "torrent files", select in your internet browser the option "open with" (instead of "download to"..) and then "utorrent".
If you've done everything right, utorrent should open up. In that window, you'll see the contents of the torrent download (if the download consists of several files - you can mark/unmark files now; which is especially useful when you want to download parts of the stuff). Otherwise, if the download has only 1 (one) file in it, just click "OK" and the download should start
Wink.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 12:32

ok thank you...I´ll try....

//EDIT

do I need a special program when I want to open the magnet links??

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 May 2013, 12:46

annasimmer wrote:ok thank you...I´ll try....

//EDIT

do I need a special program when I want to open the magnet links??

With my internet browser (Firefox) I just need to click on the magnet link symbol, and then a small window pops up saying "open with...utorrent".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 12:51

i have the internet explorer..and just yet I try to download utorrent...
and I have another question: when I open the link from gftw wich schould start the download the page "torrent" comes and than it says me that my download will start in some seconds. But then a site comes where only numerbs and letters are

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 May 2013, 12:56

annasimmer wrote:i have the internet explorer..and just yet I try to download utorrent...
and I have another question: when I open the link from gftw wich schould start the download the page "torrent" comes and than it says me that my download will start in some seconds. But then a site comes where only numerbs and letters are

I suppose this is because you have not downloaded and installed "utorrent" yet Wink.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 12:59

okay...thank you Very Happy

//EDIT

okay..it is installed..but it needs a very long time to download the sims 3 university life

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 May 2013, 13:18

annasimmer wrote:okay...thank you Very Happy

//EDIT

okay..it is installed..but it needs a very long time to download the sims 3 university life

OK, maybe if you're in a good mood Wink you might want to read through the "free guides" in the link I posted above about port forwarding (I suppose you have a WLAN internet connection ?).

When I started off downloading via bittorrent a long time ago
Laughing I also had to figure out how to configurate my WLAN connection for faster torrent downloads, and it was definitely worth the effort.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 13:38

Hi!
Thanks Carlos for filling in!
The speed at which you download depends on several things. To begin with, you could start by right clicking on the downloading torrent, and do the following (I believe it's in the Advanced section):
  • Set download limit to the highest number (not unlimited though)
  • Set bandwith allocation to High

That should speed it up to begin with. If you have time you can go through the guides posted upwards.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 15:29

I tried but is says that it still needs 6 days till it is downloaded..nd I use my handy as a hotspot because other internet connections doesnt work on my laptop hohotsaa

//EDIT: Do you know something else I can do to speed up the download? 'cause I didnt want to wait six days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 15:38

Please try not to double post. Edit your posts like I did! Wink thx

Using your mobile phone's network is certainly a bad idea...
Do you have a wifi network at home? Can you use an ethernet cable?
Otherwise, try and use a public wifi (like Mc Do...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 15:55

We have a WLAN at school but it doesnt work...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 16:16

Oh, campus thing, eh?
What I did at the time was using public wifi (Starbucks, Mc Donalds, ...). You stay there one afternoon while doing something else, and it usually does the trick...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 May 2013, 16:31

Shamrock wrote:Oh, campus thing, eh?
What I did at the time was using public wifi (Starbucks, Mc Donalds, ...). You stay there one afternoon while doing something else, and it usually does the trick...

Although it's a bit off-topic: McDonalds, Starbucks & others actually allow you to download that much ? OK, maybe that depends on the particular country, but I always thought there were restrictions for that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 16:33

Done it in France mostly, but 3 or 4 expansions of the Sims I have done that way... Sitting in Mac Donalds with my lunch, then working a bit during the afternoon... Hammertime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top