Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - Service Initialization failed (some numbers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - Service Initialization failed (some numbers) Empty Sims 3 - Service Initialization failed (some numbers)

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 20:36

I'm running OSX Mountain Lion. I have been searching for a answer but seems like no one is having the same problem as me. I've tried many things, but nothing have helped me.

So I have some complications running my Sims 3 downloaded from tpb (Sims 3 base game + some expansions). I have tried different downloads from tpb as well, and every time I have used g4tw's guide on how to install sims 3 correctly, applied the ultimate fix, the manual patch and so on. I'm pretty sure I have done what I should and everything so I'm pretty tired of trying to make Sims 3 work on my mac now.

Okay, so here's what happens: Every single time I have downloaded and installed (and re-downloaded and re-installed) the game, it worked perfectly the first and second time. So when I open the game, the launcher (idk if that's what it's called, but the blue window thingy) and I click play. The big blue window with the green sims sign appear, The Sims 3 plumbob, like normal, and then the screen blinks and turns blue and then black. Then I get the message "Unable to start game ' Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)", the screen switches between blue and black a couple of times, and a new message appears "Exception raised
Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0058b006.
Do you wish to debug it ?". When I proceed to click yes or no, nothing happens.

I have tried things like changing the Sims 3 folder's name, deleting ipatch files and some other which I can't remember, re-downloading, re-installing, downloading other Sims 3 from tpb etc.

Anyone have any idea on what do to? In that case, please explain very simply.

(I'm so sorry if this is in the wrong forum and my poor english!)

Thank you!

//MOVED
Shamrock

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Service Initialization failed (some numbers) Empty Re: Sims 3 - Service Initialization failed (some numbers)

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 20:52

The guide is different for Mac. Please try these links:

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Service Initialization failed (some numbers) Empty Re: Sims 3 - Service Initialization failed (some numbers)

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 00:02

I'm actually having the exact same problem... (along with eps not showing up in launcher). I have a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Lion (10.7.5) and I have no idea what I should do. I'm not sure where this post was moved to and I'm really confused being new to this site...
I have all expansions and its cracked with the Ultimate Fix.
Please help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 14 Jun 2013, 09:45

missmarshmellow108 wrote:I'm actually having the exact same problem... (along with eps not showing up in launcher). I have a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Lion (10.7.5) and I have no idea what I should do. I'm not sure where this post was moved to and I'm really confused being new to this site...
I have all expansions and its cracked with the Ultimate Fix.
Please help.

Hello,

Please open a new thread for your problem, with this way I'd be easier to help you. And these problems are about not applying the fix correctly...
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 22:23

nuuken wrote:window with the green sims sign appear, Sims 3 - Service Initialization failed (some numbers) 611149516, like normal, and then the screen blinks and turns blue and then black. Then I get the message "Unable to start game ' Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)", the screen switches between blue and black a couple of times, and a new message appears "Exception raised
Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0058b006.
Do you wish to debug it ?". When I proceed to click yes or no, nothing happens.

I have the exact same issue

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:47

cccantstop wrote:I have the exact same issue

Have you tried those steps which Shamrock suggested?:
Shamrock wrote:The guide is different for Mac. Please try these links:

Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 06:12

The guide isn't very clear - I spent a few hours yesterday trying to install on Mountain Lion OSX - I now have the same issue with the service init error... I've been stalking the boards here - when I get home I guess I could try changing the documents folder to .old or re-patching then applying ultimate fix.... 

You could update the guide to say when you use the MAC_cracked torrent - instead of dragging the .app to the applications folder you should make sure it's actually in a The Sims 3 folder within the application folder.... 

found that updating from the launcher didn't work so I d/l the superpatch 1.3 gigs... unzipped and was a document file which didn't launch with anything... then by trial and error unzipped again to reveal the executable patch update.... 

world adventures DMG needed to change the default.ini file's game version

also Shamrocks video link isn't viewable - not sure if there's any treasure to be found in there but I can't view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:52

Sorry, Admin must have changed the location of the video...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 29 Jul 2013, 22:36

Shamrock wrote:Sorry, Admin must have changed the location of the video...
Hello,

Ah yes, we've removed all the old "Fixes" to clean things up, it was very messy and confusing.
Anyway, the video is still available on Youtube. I just don't have the link either, I'm afraid. Sad
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top