Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moonlight Falls.world error and save game crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moonlight Falls.world error and save game crash Empty Moonlight Falls.world error and save game crash

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 13:29

I download sims 3 supernatural and install correctly like in topic. I play game for 15 min and i save game. Later when i enter to the my save game it say cannot load Moonlight Falls.sims3 i try to create new game but it say cannot load Moonlight Falls.world. Please help

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Falls.world error and save game crash Empty Re: Moonlight Falls.world error and save game crash

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 14:05

Ok try this:
Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and find a folder named WorldCaches. Inside, delete the files.
Then restart your game, and see if it works...

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Falls.world error and save game crash Empty Re: Moonlight Falls.world error and save game crash

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 May 2013, 15:29

Vaske007 wrote:I download sims 3 supernatural and install correctly like in topic. I play game for 15 min and i save game. Later when i enter to the my save game it say cannot load Moonlight Falls.sims3 i try to create new game but it say cannot load Moonlight Falls.world. Please help

Hello,

If you go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves, you will probably see a folder with the name "Moonlight Falls.sims3.backup". Remove the "backup" ending of the folder name, so that it looks like this here: "Moonlight Falls.sims3" (before you rename though, delete any other folders with that same name!). What you have done now is basically "restored" your savegame to the point, when it last worked - so this savefile shouldn't (normally) cause trouble afterwards.

And yes, like Shamrock said, clear the contents of the "WorldCaches" folder too!

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sun 26 May 2013, 14:00; edited 3 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 15:37

Thanks for informations, i will try for world but in Saves i don't have backup file

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 May 2013, 15:47

Vaske007 wrote:Thanks for informations, i will try for world but in Saves i don't have backup file

OK, I suppose you chose the option "save as.." or "save and quit" ? In these cases, no ".backup" will be created.

For the future, you should always use the option "SAVE". After that, just quit the game (a window will pop up asking if you "want to quit without saving" - just click "yes"
Wink).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 15:49

Thanks for help i will try Smile

//EDIT
I try to rename backup file but it doesn't work and i dont have folder named WorldCaches

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 22:15

How come "it doesn't work"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 22:18

I delete all .sims3 files in saves and rename backup file and it doesn't work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 22:20

Can you please be more specific? What error do you get?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 22:21

When i again enter in game i get error cannot load Moonlight Falls.sims3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 22:23

Did you try un installing the world, then restarting your pc, then re installing the world?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 22:26

No, but in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims i cannot find folder WorldCaches
And i don't know how to reinstall world with launcher

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 00:19

Vaske007 wrote:No, but in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims i cannot find folder WorldCaches
And i don't know how to reinstall world with launcher

OK, the fact that there is no "WorldCaches" folder should not concern you too much now. I'm just surprised that renaming the ".backup" folder didn't help, but alright.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sun 26 May 2013, 14:01; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 16:15

I try that now and same error in the game

//EDIT

I didn't download Moonlight Falls i get it with Supernatural

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 20:30

Vaske007 wrote:I didn't download Moonlight Falls i get it with Supernatural

OK, my mistake Embarassed. Yes, you actually can't uninstall just the world, because it's part of the "Supernatural" expansion. I suppose you got "Supernatural" then from Games4theWorld ?

Look at this article here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall
Try to uninstall only "Supernatural". After uninstalling, go to My documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder with the name "The Sims 3" (for example: "The Sims 3_").

And now re-install "Supernatural". If you start the game, you will realize that you have to start a new savegame. Play for a while and see if you encounter any problems. If you have no problems, you can try to put the savefile from your renamed "The Sims 3_" (sub-folder "Saves"!!) into your newly created "The Sims 3" (this folder will re-create itself automatically, if you rename it and then start the game).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 09:30

I try that but still same error

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 May 2013, 12:11

Vaske007 wrote:I try that but still same error

So just to repeat: you completely un-installed "Supernatural" (with its registry keys), then you renamed "The Sims 3"-folder like I told you, and then you re-installed Supernatural ?

If you really did all of that (correctly), I would now again try to start a new savegame - in Moonlight Falls.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 27 May 2013, 18:47

Did you also restart your computer before re-installing supernatural? This can be a pretty important thing sometimes.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top