Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Load into Moonlight Falls

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Load into Moonlight Falls Empty Can't Load into Moonlight Falls

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 01:07

Howdy. I did search a couple of things in the forums but didn't find a thread like this. So...I guess sorry if it's out there somewhere and I didn't find it.

Okay, so, when I go to install Supernatural and Seasons(Both downloaded from G4TW) I get this error Can't Load into Moonlight Falls Untitl10. I hit retry, it finished installing then tries again but it doesn't work. So I hit ignore and kept going, the same error came up on Seasons to the same end then when I go into the game and try to play in Moonlight Falls it doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling the Supernatural expansion but it hasn't made a difference. What can I do?

Thanks in advance for the help.

//EDIT

=/ I noticed that even uninstalled the Supernatural file was still in my
computer under the Program Files so I deleted it and tried again, same
error. I could really use some help or suggestions.

//EDIT

Hahaha. So...I tried completely getting rid of Supernatural, deleting
the files I extracted from my download then extracting them from the zip
again just in case something got corrupted. My install went smoothly
until the end and then it gave me the same error but about some
Fullbuild file this time.

Back to top Go down

Can't Load into Moonlight Falls Empty Re: Can't Load into Moonlight Falls

Post by invalidusername Sun 13 Jan 2013, 03:36

Just for future reference, please edit your posts with new information until there is a reply, otherwise it's considered spamming.

I could have sworn I commented on this, with the tip of re-extracting just in case the file was damaged or something, but I guess it didn't go through. ;_;

Since the re-extraction didn't work, I'm not sure what else to do, but I'm sure that if you wait a bit longer until someone else is online, they'll be able to help you. Good luck!
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 03:47

Oops. Sorry, forgot about the multiple post thing. It's been a while since I've been on here.

I'm trying to load it up again but it's been around 45 minutes now and it's doing the same thing, getting to the end of the load bar and then just sitting there. D=

Edit: I set Supernatural to completely redownload last night and now I get this when I extract the files: "! C:\Users\xxxxxx\Downloads\Sims 3 Supernatural\The Sims 3 - Supernatural.rar: CRC failed in Support\Updates\TS3_1.38.151.0180xx_update.exe. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\xxxxxx\Downloads\Sims 3 Supernatural\The Sims 3 - Supernatural.rar: CRC failed in Caches\Moonlight Falls.objectCache. The file is corrupt"

I don't know if it's possible, but could someone check to make sure the file in the download isn't broken? I guess I'll go try downloading it from you guys on TPB now, hopefully that doesn't have corrupt files. =/

Edit again: Come on. I can't get any help on this? Downloaded the file from TPB, didn't get any errors when extracting or installing but it's the same crap. It gets to the end of the load bar and stops.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 15 Jan 2013, 17:39

//MOVED
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
So, the game crashes when you try to load Moonlight Falls?
Do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:21

It doesn't crash, it just doesn't go anywhere. It gets to within a fourth of an inch of the end of the load bar and sits there. I do have mods and custom content, but nothing huge and I've tried running it without any custom content but it did the same thing. But, as you can see from the error message it gave me, it seems to be a problem with the installation files and not with the game files. I'm just not sure what the problem would be, it worked fine before.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:20

Hello,

The download is fine, many people use it. Somehow it's getting corrupted as it's downloading though, can you force a recheck on it in your torrent client?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 18:35

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Since I live in the middle of nowhere the only half decent internet out here has a data limit until midnight and I've used more than half of it redownloading this game repeatedly. Anyway, I did have an option to force recheck but it was greyed out and unclickable. So I let the download finish and when I was extracting the files it caused an "unexpected shutdown".

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:55

Hello,

Please wait for Admin's reply.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 17:49

Okay. Just thought I'd update. I found out how to get it to let me force a recheck, but I'm not sure it did anything? I mean it rechecked, but it didn't give me a message or anything. I'm not sure if it was supposed to or not. But I stopped the download at about 50% to save myself from having to download it again in case there's something else I should try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top