Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moonlight falls won't load households

View previous topic View next topic Go down

moonlight falls won't load households Empty moonlight falls won't load households

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 03:53

Hello,
First of all thank you so much games4theworld for the amazing resources that you provide us with!
My problem is that in Moonlight Falls I cannot load the active household. I've tried pitting one of my families in and I've tried using some of the ones already there, but nothing seems to work. I can select an active household, but the second that I leave game setup the loading thing flashes and then I'm left with the town map with nothing clickable. I can move around, and the music is still playing, but nothing happens no matter how long you leave it there. I have downloaded the game booster program, but that doesn't seem to make a difference at all. The first couple of ties that this happened I got an alert that Sims 3 had suddenly encountered an error and could not continue working.
My other issue is that in Moonlight Falls when creating a character I cannot chose a lifetime aspiration for the sims that i create.
None of these issues occur in the other towns that i have. I have no custom content or mods. I've installed the ultimate fix correctly, and I have the most up to date version of the game.
Thank you for any help!
EDIT: I guess it isn't just Moonlight falls afterall. I went to one of my towns that I had pre-supernatural, and while my sims was there, she didn't have wants, a lifetime aspiration, and the sim panel would not open.

Back to top Go down

moonlight falls won't load households Empty Re: moonlight falls won't load households

Post by invalidusername Sat 08 Sep 2012, 05:04

Try dragging the sims 3 folder to your desktop, from your my documents, and then test the game.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

moonlight falls won't load households Empty Re: moonlight falls won't load households

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 05:13

I did that, but then got an error that said "Unable to Start game." The error also said that the base game was incompatible with the expansion pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 08 Sep 2012, 05:17

Are you sure that was the file from my documents, and not the one out of program files?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 Sep 2012, 17:16

Hello,

Here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims3\
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 22:19

That worked perfectly! thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top