Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There was a error during startup please see the log for more details. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There was a error during startup please see the log for more details. [SOLVED] Empty There was a error during startup please see the log for more details. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 00:14

When I click on my game launcher there is a message saying this : There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details when I press ok. I exits it also this happened right after I installed ambitions then I uninstalled it because I thought it caused this but it's still happening also in the log it says stuff like http error I can't copy and paste the whole thing though

Back to top Go down

There was a error during startup please see the log for more details. [SOLVED] Empty Re: There was a error during startup please see the log for more details. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 03:58

Try downloading a different ambition expansion pack. It happen to me before, just had to reinstall a different expansion and restarted my laptop/computer before installing The Sims 3 expansion again

Or::
Your game " The Sims 3 " could have some kind of bug
it would safe if you uninstall it and then install it again. Then continuing installing the expansions or stuff packs c:

Back to top Go down

There was a error during startup please see the log for more details. [SOLVED] Empty Re: There was a error during startup please see the log for more details. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 06:39

I still can't figure it out D: I'm fine with having no ambitions I just want my other expansions :3 because after I deleted ambitions the problem continued.

//EDIT

I might try the uninstalling sims 3 though if nobody else answers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 06:56

The problem continued because you uninstalled/deleted Ambitions the ambition bugs will still go on. It would be best if you backup your saves files before installing expansions so you can replace and remove the bugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 12 Jun 2012, 20:47

Hello,

Don't worry, your saviour is here!
Watch this video we created a while ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKMnpKHGg8
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 00:03

That worked yay Very Happy but now when I press the play button on the launcher it does nothing D: is there a way to fix this?

//EDIT

does the ultimate fix fix this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 13 Jun 2012, 17:45

Hello,

Try starting the game without the launcher: http://games4theworld.org/sims3faq.html#starting_without_launcher
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 01:08

I tried that it does the same thing that happens when I press play on the launcher, loads for awhile but doesn't open is there any other solutions?

//EDIT

will the ultimate fix fix this?

Admin edit: Please do not double-post, but use the "Edit" button on your post. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 14 Jun 2012, 17:08

Hello,

Please try this:

1. Go to: Documents\Electronic Arts\ and note the folder called "The Sims 3".
2. Drag & drop this folder to your Desktop and remove it from your Documents folder.
3. Start the game and let us know the result.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun 2012, 00:32

Didn't work but did you mean to start it without the launcher? I started it with the launcher and that didn't work and without the launcher that doesn't work

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 15 Jun 2012, 14:17

Hello,

Yes, I meant with the launcher.
Oh, that's odd. Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum. I'll try to fix the problem for you via TeamViewer.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 00:31

I applied the ultimate fix just to see..Now when I press play it says
No game disk found! Please insert the Sims 3 Showtime game disc before proceeding. I bought the base game along with late night and pets and I downloaded generations and showtime from here. Also what times are you usually on at so we can use team viewer or chat box

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jun 2012, 18:31

Hello,

I have no real schedule, usually at nights. (GMT+1)
You're making progress. The error you get can be solved easily by copying the crack to the correct folder.
If you installed the base game via Origin, note that the crack of the Fix should go into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 19:25

Yay! my sims 3 works! thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jun 2012, 19:29

Hello,

Glad to hear it works now!
Have fun playing The Sims 3 and please let us know if you need any more assistance!
There was a error during startup please see the log for more details. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top