Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansion packs cannot find base game (bought from Origin)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansion packs cannot find base game (bought from Origin)!  Empty Expansion packs cannot find base game (bought from Origin)!

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 17:16

I have installed torrents before with no issues (Supernatural&Seasons) and I decided to install some more, which were going to be Pets, University, and Island Paradise. Every time I tried loading the installer I got a message that said "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product." When I got that, I thought it'd be a good idea to do the "How to install the sims 3 correctly" instructions again, but I'm still getting the same message. Sad What can I do?

Information that might help:
I bought Sims 3 from Origin. 
I bought Late Night & High-End Loft Stuff from Origin.
I'm running Windows 7 on a Desktop.

This is my first time posting on the forums so I apologize if this is in the wrong place!

Back to top Go down

Expansion packs cannot find base game (bought from Origin)!  Empty Re: Expansion packs cannot find base game (bought from Origin)!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Aug 2013, 20:18

patricks wrote:I have installed torrents before with no issues (Supernatural&Seasons) and I decided to install some more, which were going to be Pets, University, and Island Paradise. Every time I tried loading the installer I got a message that said "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product." When I got that, I thought it'd be a good idea to do the "How to install the sims 3 correctly" instructions again, but I'm still getting the same message. Sad What can I do?

Information that might help:
I bought Sims 3 from Origin. 
I bought Late Night & High-End Loft Stuff from Origin.
I'm running Windows 7 on a Desktop.

This is my first time posting on the forums so I apologize if this is in the wrong place!
Hello,

I suppose your "Origin games" are installed to something like C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games. And your other expansions basically don't "know" that.

So you might try changing the install location of Pets, University and Island Paradise. So instead of C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts choose

C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Expansion packs cannot find base game (bought from Origin)!  Empty Re: Expansion packs cannot find base game (bought from Origin)!

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 21:30

Carlos G. wrote:Hello,

I suppose your "Origin games" are installed to something like C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games. And your other expansions basically don't "know" that.

So you might try changing the install location of Pets, University and Island Paradise. So instead of C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts choose

C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games
What do you mean changing the install locations? Like moving the setup applications to Origin games? All the cracks and such are in Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Supernatural and Seasons moved to the Electronic Arts folder after they installed (well I know I didn't put them there). I'm sorry I've never had this problem and I don't remember what I did with Supernatural and Seasons to prevent this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Aug 2013, 21:51

patricks wrote:What do you mean changing the install locations? Like moving the setup applications to Origin games? All the cracks and such are in Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Supernatural and Seasons moved to the Electronic Arts folder after they installed (well I know I didn't put them there). I'm sorry I've never had this problem and I don't remember what I did with Supernatural and Seasons to prevent this.
I wrongly interpreted your first post, I guess. While installing, you can normally choose an install location of the game, but if you say you can't even launch the installer, then that's not relevant anymore.

Can you try un-installing and re-installing this Origin thing ? And then try re-installing the expansion packs again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 22:05

Carlos G. wrote:I wrongly interpreted your first post, I guess. While installing, you can normally choose an install location of the game, but if you say you can't even launch the installer, then that's not relevant anymore.

Can you try un-installing and re-installing this Origin thing ? And then try re-installing the expansion packs again.
I'll try that!

//EDIT

That didn't work either. I'm going to back everything up and try reinstalling the base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top