Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Build mode won't work in Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Build mode won't work in Sims 3 Empty Build mode won't work in Sims 3

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 01:49

So, I recently downloaded all of the expansion packs for my copy of Sims 3 (which I bought). I had a lot of problems with crashing and mods/CC not working, but I finally figured it out and got it to work! It took me a whole two full days to make my household because the game is being ridiculously laggy. Then I went into an empty lot in Edit Town mode, so I could build myself a house and I pretty much can't do anything in build mode. I can place pools and foundations and that's it. No walls, windows, doors, nuffin. Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant but whenever I press the Options button in-game (like not CAS mode) nothing happens. I have to press F5 for the options menu to come up.

I'm nearly positive it's not my computer at fault here, because this game worked perfectly with maxed out graphics, resolution, etc before I downloaded any expansions. But I'm pretty sure I downloaded all of them from here so I don't think they're corrupted or anything.

In case it could be relevant, here's my specs:
Build mode won't work in Sims 3 411166b3

Back to top Go down

Build mode won't work in Sims 3 Empty Re: Build mode won't work in Sims 3

Post by Dracos66 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 02:18

First, did you apply the Ultimate Fix? If not then please go HERE and follow the steps exactly.

Are you using any mods that modify Build Mode? (i.e. the older version of Buzz's Auto-Roof Disabler) If so you need to get the updated versions

Have you tried running the game with CC disabled? This will let you know if a piece of CC is corrupting the game. If Build Mode works with CC disabled then you'll have to track the item(s) down. The quickest way to do that is to uninstall all your CC and install one at a time and test.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:20

Yes, I did use the ultimate fix. And no mods that change build mode. I do have a lot of CC so I'll try taking them out and putting them back in one at a time.

I'll post back an update :]

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:14

Hello,

Is it the latest fix? The problem you're having suggests that you're also getting the "unofficial game modification" error, is that correct?
That can be caused by either an outdated crack or an outdated mod.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)