Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Game Crashing Randomly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Game Crashing Randomly Empty Sims 3 Game Crashing Randomly

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 04:56

Recently, my Sims 3 game has been crashing after a few minutes of playing. It has also been lagging quite a bit. This has never happened before, except for the occasional crash. A few months ago I downloaded Sims 2 Castaway, and I've been experiencing problems ever since. I uninstalled the game, but that didn't work. I updated my drivers, did the DEP, I turned off Vertical Sync. I don't know what to do. I used to run my game on a slightly high setting, and lowering my settings have not worked. Please help, I have no idea what is wrong. Also, I updated my game to the 1.50 update and I applied the Ultimate Fix. Please help.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Game Crashing Randomly Empty Re: Sims 3 Game Crashing Randomly

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:15

Try and delete your Cache: go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and delete the following:
¤ CASPartCache.package
¤ compositorCache.package
¤ scriptCache.package
¤ simCompositorCache.package
¤ socialCache.package
Then, also delete the folders DCCache, DCBackup, WorldCaches, and Thumbnails.
Does this help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jun 2013, 06:02

It didn't work. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jun 2013, 10:16

Try to update your graphic card drivers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 19:47

My graphic card is up to date.

Also, this started happening after I got the Error 12 for the first time. Maybe its a corrupted file? I have no idea. The game will crash on any family not just my main family. Halp.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 08 Jun 2013, 06:16

Jess123 wrote:My graphic card is up to date.

Also, this started happening after I got the Error 12 for the first time. Maybe its a corrupted file? I have no idea. The game will crash on any family not just my main family. Halp.

Hello,

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename "The Sims 3"-folder into, for example: "The Sims 3_".

Now start the game. You will realise that for now you will have to start a new savegame (don't worry, your old save is still there) and that all your custom content is gone. Now play on for a while in that new savegame to see if you have any problems.

If everything is OK, we will then proceed with putting back in your old saves and mods/custom content one by one.

Good luck for now !
Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 02:58

Sorry for the late reply. So, I found out that one of my saves was corrupt. I did what you said and created a new file and a new game. The constant crashing has decreased, but they are still frequent. My game never crashed as frequently as it does now. Should I do the Ultimate Fix again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 09:18

maybe you should install The Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer and after the game crashes again, you should be able to get a log telling you exactly whats causing the crash. Well whether it's package related or sims3pack related or hardware related.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:53

Jess123 wrote:Sorry for the late reply. So, I found out that one of my saves was corrupt. I did what you said and created a new file and a new game. The constant crashing has decreased, but they are still frequent. My game never crashed as frequently as it does now. Should I do the Ultimate Fix again?

Hello,

You don't have to. But just to be sure, have you turned off the DEPs for The Sims 3 applications? If not, read this. And read this as well. Try this to see if you have reached the RECOMMENDED spec requirement for The Sims 3.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down