Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed right but still wont play. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed right but still wont play. [SOLVED] Empty Installed right but still wont play. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jun 2013, 18:21

I have the sims 3 base game store bought. I've installed pets and university from games 4 the world torrents. Whenever i start the launcher and play the game A message pops up asking me to put the disc in for the expansions. I tried putting the cracks in but that aparently moved the electronic arts folder from program x86 to the downloads folder. The crack is in the game-bin folder but i still get the same message. Any Ideas?

Back to top Go down

Installed right but still wont play. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installed right but still wont play. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jun 2013, 19:03

You need to apply the Ultimate Fix. Do not use the torrents' cracks...

Back to top Go down

Installed right but still wont play. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installed right but still wont play. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Jun 2013, 19:05

atrain1 wrote:I tried putting the cracks in but that aparently moved the electronic arts folder from program x86 to the downloads folder. The crack is in the game-bin folder but i still get the same message. Any Ideas?

Hello,

Did you use the #crack from the "Ultimate fix" ? If not, it's available here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.

Just follow the included instructions - and everything should be fine.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jun 2013, 19:28

But the ultimate fix wants me to put the cracks in a folder that doesnt exist anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Jun 2013, 19:32

atrain1 wrote: I tried putting the cracks in but that aparently moved the electronic arts folder from program x86 to the downloads folder.

I don't know how this happened or what you did, but can you move that Electronic Arts folder (from Program files x86) back to its right place then ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 06 Jun 2013, 19:36

Please take a screenshot of the spot where the folder should be, and where it is. Also, there is supposed to be a Sims 3 folder in your documents, it's where the game keeps its saves and installed content.

If that folder has been moved, then you have bigger problems than just using the fix. I'd recommend uninstalling it all, restarting your computer, and re-installing.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jun 2013, 19:48

Carlos G. wrote:
atrain1 wrote:I tried putting the cracks in but that aparently moved the electronic arts folder from program x86 to the downloads folder. The crack is in the game-bin folder but i still get the same message. Any Ideas?

Hello,

Did you use the #crack from the "Ultimate fix" ? If not, it's available here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.

Just follow the included instructions - and everything should be fine.

I already have the ultimate fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 19:23

I found out the problem, and now i feel like a dumbass...Thank You guys so much...I needed to go to the origin games folder in the programs folder then electronic arts and so on...I dont know why when i searched i couldn't find it...Thank you Guys *solved*

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 07 Jun 2013, 19:25

atrain1 wrote:I found out the problem, and now i feel like a dumbass...Thank You guys so much...I needed to go to the origin games folder in the programs folder then electronic arts and so on...I dont know why when i searched i couldn't find it...Thank you Guys *solved*

That's why I wanted the screenshot Wink

Glad you figured it out yourself though. Happy simming!

Topic Closed.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top