Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple Expansion Pack Launcher Installation Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Multiple Expansion Pack Launcher Installation Issues Empty Multiple Expansion Pack Launcher Installation Issues

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jun 2013, 21:26

I have installed the Sims 3 base game along with several other Expansion packs, however when I try to install: High End Loft Stuff, Supernatural and Town Life Stuff the launcher icon bounces in the doc and when I click on the icon it disappears. There was another post on here about correcting it by editing the info.plist on the Sims 3 icon; I have done this and I am still having a problem with these three packs. I assure you I have installed all of them from Games4theworld.

Any and all help is appreciated!!!!

Back to top Go down

Multiple Expansion Pack Launcher Installation Issues Empty Re: Multiple Expansion Pack Launcher Installation Issues

Post by Phoebe Tue 11 Jun 2013, 16:31

Hello,

How do you open your rar files and unrar them? You should use StuffIt Expander to open them.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Multiple Expansion Pack Launcher Installation Issues Empty Re: Multiple Expansion Pack Launcher Installation Issues

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 16:50

I do use the StuffIt Expander to open the .rar files

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 11 Jun 2013, 19:02

And you've created DMGs from the files you've downloaded and extracted with StuffIT Expander?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 21:32

Yes, I used Disk Utility to create the image and copied everything that was extracted from that folder into the dmg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 12 Jun 2013, 15:34

I'm beginning to think maybe the files are corrupted somehow.. I mean sometimes while downloading is processing something corrupt the files. 

Can you redownload one of those expansion packs that you want to install but can't right now, and create a new DMG to see if that happens with it or not?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top