Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game wont start (Launcher does)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game wont start (Launcher does) Empty Game wont start (Launcher does)

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 19:54

Before you mention it
-Yes I have followed every instruction here at https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
-Yes I have downloaded Ultimate fix a number of times to see if it fixes the problem I am about to say

I already have the games; Sims 3, Generations, World Adventures, Late Night, Supernatural, Pets, Seasons.
And I wanted to download Showtime since I've always wanted it. So I downloaded it fine followed all the instructions on the website above, and when I went to the launcher it opened fine, but then when I pressed the play button it closed the launcher as if it was going to play mode and then just didn't load, I left my laptop like how it was for 10 minutes and still The Sims didn't come up. I tried opening The Sims game via Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and then clicking TS3.exe file but still nothing it just pops up saying 'Run' or 'Cancel' and so I clicked run and again nothing!! Mad I just want to know how to get my game running! Please help!Sad I'm getting really frustrated because I really wanna play Sims 3 especially now that Showtime is installed!

//EDIT

Anyone wanna help?Game wont start (Launcher does) Icon_neutral

Helper edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) in-game problems (PC)".

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Game wont start (Launcher does) Empty Re: Game wont start (Launcher does)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Jun 2013, 00:24

lauraxo wrote:Before you mention it
-Yes I have followed every instruction here at https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
-Yes I have downloaded Ultimate fix a number of times to see if it fixes the problem I am about to say

I already have the games; Sims 3, Generations, World Adventures, Late Night, Supernatural, Pets, Seasons.
And I wanted to download Showtime since I've always wanted it. So I downloaded it fine followed all the instructions on the website above, and when I went to the launcher it opened fine, but then when I pressed the play button it closed the launcher as if it was going to play mode and then just didn't load, I left my laptop like how it was for 10 minutes and still The Sims didn't come up. I tried opening The Sims game via Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and then clicking TS3.exe file but still nothing it just pops up saying 'Run' or 'Cancel' and so I clicked run and again nothing!! Mad I just want to know how to get my game running! Please help!Sad I'm getting really frustrated because I really wanna play Sims 3 especially now that Showtime is installed!

//EDIT

Anyone wanna help? Game wont start (Launcher does) Icon_neutral

Hello there,

First of all, many people seem to have problems when trying to run the game on laptop computers.

But OK, let's think about a few things:

1) I suppose you re-applied that big "manual patch" and then the "Ultimate fix" too ? (steps 2-4 in the guide that you posted).

2) Have a look at the System requirements here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements
Even if your graphics card is "not supported", you can still make sure to have the latest graphics driver updates and , of course, Windows updates too.

3) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012
Have you already tried the "4 GB patch" ? Keep in mind that you have to patch the "TS3W.exe" in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

You could also have a look at this here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-vista/change-the-size-of-virtual-memory

At "maximum size" try putting in the double amount of your RAM - maybe that can help a bit too.

4) Go to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Right-click on the TS3W.exe and select "Run as administrator". Also, you can right-click on it and go to "Properties". Then go to the "compatibility"-tab and select "Run in compatibility mode - Windows XP Service Pack 3". Then start the game and play on for a while. So again, try double-clicking on the TS3W.exe, and not the TS3.exe. Although I have no problems with either of them, you should try what I suggest - maybe it can make a difference.

5) Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following things:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Start the game after that and see if this changed anything. Also, AFTER EVERY CRASH/FREEZE, go to
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the contents of the folder "Currentgame.sims3". If you don't see anything in that folder, then it's OK too.

6) If cache deleting doesn't help, go to
My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" (for example like this: "The Sims 3_"). This will basically "deactivate" all your savefiles, cache, and any custom content/mods installed. Now start a completely new savegame and play on for a while (don't worry, your old savefiles/mods/custom content are still there). See if this changed anything; we usually suggest this in order to make sure that any corrupt saves and incompatible custom content is disabled.

OK, so far these are my thoughts.

Another thing: please, there is no need to bump Wink. We are here whenever we can. If you want to add something to your post, then use the "edit" button on your post. This will allow you to modify your text.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 19:41; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 18:52

I tried the steps and it suddenly works! I pressed play however but It didn't seem to show the Showtime world and content, but I've put that in a new Thread!
P.S. Sorry I was a bit annoyed as I was desperate to play:lol:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Jun 2013, 18:56

lauraxo wrote:I tried the steps and it suddenly works! I pressed play however but It didn't seem to show the Showtime world and content, but I've put that in a new Thread!
P.S. Sorry I was a bit annoyed as I was desperate to play:lol:

Hello,

Sounds like a little bit of progress Smile. OK, I will leave this topic open for a while, in case there are new problems with that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top