Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Adventures Validation Error - Different Regional

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures Validation Error - Different Regional Empty World Adventures Validation Error - Different Regional

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 08:50

I have gotten all my sims 3 expansions and the base game from games4theworld. 
I currently have the following expansions:

Supernatural
Seasons
University
Pets
Ambitions

I receive an error message when I try to install World Adventures expansion. I have tried all the codes from the download.
The error message is:

The setup has detected that the regional install code for The Sims 3 is different than what this expansion requires.
This product requires the The Sims 3 to have the same regional code in order to be installed.

Does anyone know what to do? Am I the only one that got this error? Any help is appreciated!

Back to top Go down

World Adventures Validation Error - Different Regional Empty Re: World Adventures Validation Error - Different Regional

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 10:15

Nope, this is a common error. You need to change the SKU of the game:
Open the Registry (Windows key + R key together, then type "regedit"), and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3
You will find a SKU field there.
Here are the values it could take:

• 01 = US
  • 02 = World Wide (incl. Australia & New Zealand)
  • 03 = Asia
  • 05 = Japan
  • 17 = Digital Download

It should be 2, but you can try several values...

Back to top Go down

World Adventures Validation Error - Different Regional Empty Re: World Adventures Validation Error - Different Regional

Post by Admin Tue 18 Jun 2013, 21:16

Shamrock wrote:Nope, this is a common error. You need to change the SKU of the game:
Open the Registry (Windows key + R key together, then type "regedit"), and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3
You will find a SKU field there.
Here are the values it could take:

• 01 = US
  • 02 = World Wide (incl. Australia & New Zealand)
  • 03 = Asia
  • 05 = Japan
  • 17 = Digital Download

It should be 2, but you can try several values...
Hello there,

Is this a Mac problem or a PC problem? Because this is the Mac section and Mac doesn't have a "Wndows key", lol.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 21:18

Wow, didn't even check... Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 00:29

Admin wrote:Hello there,
Is this a Mac problem or a PC problem? Because this is the Mac section and Mac doesn't have a "Wndows key", lol.

This is a Mac problem! Sorry for not stating this earlier.

EDIT: I have changed the last number of the game version in the default.ini file to 2. It seem to install without any problems and so far is working. Thanks everyone for the help Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 05:42

Hi, can you tell me how you modified the default.ini file? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 06:24

joodster wrote:Hi, can you tell me how you modified the default.ini file? Thanks!
I think you can edit ini files using a text editor. just add ".txt" to the end of the name for example "default.ini.txt" open the file and edit as desired and save it.

then simply remove ".txt" from the end so it looks like this "default.ini".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 00:42

joodster wrote:Hi, can you tell me how you modified the default.ini file? Thanks!

I just right-clicked, highlighted open with, and selected open in text editor. Once opened I did the necessary editing to the file and saved the file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top