Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game! Please re-install base game!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game! Please re-install base game! Empty Unable to start game! Please re-install base game!

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun 2013, 17:28

So, I downloaded the Base game, Generations, pets and UL. Since UL was the newest release, I used THAT crack and placed it in the bin folder. I ran it, and it went perfectly fine. All expansions working and game ran well. However, I turned off my computer, and when I logged back on and played Sims, The message "unable to start game! Please Re-install base game" appeared.

I hit TS3W, but it says I need to update for an expansion. I cant get to the launcher since it says I need to re-install. Its at v1.50, and I was told not to run it to v1.55. This is the second time this has happened! BTW: This is all on a external hardrive. I read somewhere that maybe the Drive names, as in E: or F: have to do with something??

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game! Please re-install base game! Empty Re: Unable to start game! Please re-install base game!

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun 2013, 19:41

Try some of these topics

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t10004-problems-with-installing-on-d-drive-instead-of-c-drivesolved?highlight=Exsternal+drive

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t10174-separate-hard-drive-install-sims-3-in-that-hard-drive-solved?highlight=Exsternal+drive

Unfortunately I am unable to provide support on this topic but hopefully within those I linked is your answer you are looking for or someone with a lot more experience can help

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game! Please re-install base game! Empty Re: Unable to start game! Please re-install base game!

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun 2013, 23:48

Ahh I'm having the same problem! I'm going to try the manual patch and see if it helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 01:19

I'm not sure if it's University Life's fault since it's the latest release. I'll install the Generations and Pets expansions and see if it happens again. The real solution I see right now is to just install it on the internal drive. I just don't want it to take such a large amount of space. 

Also, maybe it is something with the registry? I saw something about the SKU files and something about regions??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 01:33

As far as me, I DLed the manual patch, and it got stuck and closed down! Mine is installed in the internal hard drive, since I don't have an external one. However I just now noticed you posted at 8am, the site released the v1.55 ultimate fix about noon today(if I am correct), I'm pacific time zone. I noticed you said you were told not to patch to v1.55. I was in the process of installing the v1.55 Ultimate fix and updating the patch to v1.55. I'm not sure if we are having the same problem, but for sure I am getting both of your same errors. I got the "unable to start game/ missing base game" error, and I got the very same "TS3W" error as you. I was reading something on registry errors too!! I just don't know how to go about fixing them, I'm going to keep trying to fix this and I'll reply about any results. Goodluck!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2013, 04:38

nickifoxy4 wrote:As far as me, I DLed the manual patch, and it got stuck and closed down! Mine is installed in the internal hard drive, since I don't have an external one. However I just now noticed you posted at 8am, the site released the v1.55 ultimate fix about noon today(if I am correct), I'm pacific time zone. I noticed you said you were told not to patch to v1.55. I was in the process of installing the v1.55 Ultimate fix and updating the patch to v1.55. I'm not sure if we are having the same problem, but for sure I am getting both of your same errors. I got the "unable to start game/ missing base game" error, and I got the very same "TS3W" error as you. I was reading something on registry errors too!! I just don't know how to go about fixing them, I'm going to keep trying to fix this and I'll reply about any results. Goodluck!

Hello,

Would you mind open a separate topic for that ? We usually ask people to create separate topics because it is easier for us to track individual progress Wink.

(Just copy & paste that text of yourse into your new topic).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 04:56

Menicent wrote:I'm not sure if it's University Life's fault since it's the latest release. I'll install the Generations and Pets expansions and see if it happens again. The real solution I see right now is to just install it on the internal drive. I just don't want it to take such a large amount of space. 

Also, maybe it is something with the registry? I saw something about the SKU files and something about regions??
I do not believe it would be regions SKU's on the other hand I guess you could check they point to the correct hardrive etc, make sure when you put the drive in it is always the same letter as you installed for example

C:programme files> etc or D: etc etc

I was hoping someone would gave you a answer by now but maybe someone will see this and help a bit more

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top