Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem when starting the sims 3 game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem when starting the sims 3 game?  Empty Problem when starting the sims 3 game?

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 21:54

I have The Sims 3 installed with the expansions: Late night, Generations, Seasons, Supernatural, and University. I'm getting frustrated with myself because i feel like i am doing something wrong. I followed the rules on how to install the sims 3 and even applied the ultimate fix. All it does when i load it is, i press play and it does that blue circle loading sign, and then shows my mouse cursor after but its stuck on a black screen. I even tried launching it w/o the launcher and it did the same thing. Help me please? Thank you so much HelpHelpHelpHelpHelpHelpHelpThe Sims 3 plumbobAwesome Emote

Back to top Go down

Problem when starting the sims 3 game?  Empty Re: Problem when starting the sims 3 game?

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 23:24

What version is your game? (hover over the base game icon at the bottom of the Launcher)

Back to top Go down

Problem when starting the sims 3 game?  Empty Re: Problem when starting the sims 3 game?

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 00:25

Shamrock wrote:What version is your game? (hover over the base game icon at the bottom of the Launcher)
1.55.4 Sir!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Jun 2013, 00:39

zomgitsmarky wrote:1.55.4 Sir!

No need to be formal here Wink

But OK, have you looked at these suggestions here already ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

And what about your graphics drivers ? Are they up-to-date ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 00:48

Carlos G. wrote:
zomgitsmarky wrote:1.55.4 Sir!

No need to be formal here Wink

But OK, have you looked at these suggestions here already ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

And what about your graphics drivers ? Are they up-to-date ?
Haha! Sorry! & For the link you posted, I seem to cant get past step 2. It doesnt give me an option to turn it on and How would i update the graphic drivers?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Jun 2013, 00:59

As for your graphics drivers, you can (in Windows) go to the start menu, then "Run". There you type dxdiag and hit OK. Now go to the "display" tab and look up information on the name/model of your graphics card. You may then post the information here.

Alternatively, in your taskbar there might be a symbol of your graphics card; in many cases you can double click on it and then you have to look for something like "updates", or you go into "settings" and look for the update option there.

As for the DEP, what Windows version do you have ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:17

Carlos G. wrote:As for your graphics drivers, you can (in Windows) go to the start menu, then "Run". There you type dxdiag and hit OK. Now go to the "display" tab and look up information on the name/model of your graphics card. You may then post the information here.

Alternatively, in your taskbar there might be a symbol of your graphics card; in many cases you can double click on it and then you have to look for something like "updates", or you go into "settings" and look for the update option there.

As for the DEP, what Windows version do you have ?
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/22/2013, 16:14:24
       Machine name: WIN-D8DRNAVFKB2
   Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr_staging.090720-1852)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
       System Model: MacBook2,1
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T7400  @ 2.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
             Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3040MB RAM
          Page File: 1147MB used, 4929MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

As for the Windows Version I have, I am running a windows 7 bootcamp on a mac.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:34

OK, you told me about your operating system (which might prove important ?), but you didn't tell me about your graphics driver yet:

Problem when starting the sims 3 game?  Dxdiag10

Where the red arrow is, you should find some information about your graphics card Wink.

I don't know why you "can't turn DEP off"; are you sure you have carefully read the instructions in the link I posted ? What's more, I don't know how this Mac/Bootcamp thing works - is the Windows really "the same" as in non-Mac computers, or are there "differences" ?

I suggest you wait for a while until another Helper (who's more proficient with Macs; if it's really a Mac issue) has looked at this.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top