Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't start game with 1.55 patch and Island Paradise after deleting expansion pack. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't start game with 1.55 patch and Island Paradise after deleting expansion pack. [SOLVED] Empty Can't start game with 1.55 patch and Island Paradise after deleting expansion pack. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 18:50

Hi there! To make up some space for Island Paradise, yesterday I deleted Supernatural and some other Sims downloads I don't use anymore. I cleared up the cache files that are safe to delete. Last night I played just fine, but since this morning I haven't been able to play at all. Sims Launcher has been unresponsive and when I try to start a game, it freezes completely so I have to shut down my laptop many times already. Can anyone help me with this to see what I did wrong? Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Can't start game with 1.55 patch and Island Paradise after deleting expansion pack. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't start game with 1.55 patch and Island Paradise after deleting expansion pack. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 23:05

How did you delete the EPs? And do you have the Ultimate Fix compatible with the new version 1.55 and IP?
Maybe re apply it again...

Back to top Go down

Can't start game with 1.55 patch and Island Paradise after deleting expansion pack. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't start game with 1.55 patch and Island Paradise after deleting expansion pack. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 00:40

I uninstalled by Control Panel and deleted whatever folder was left, and yes I updated the Ultimate Fix with the compatible version. I'll try that again just in case Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 01:09

I think I solved the problem. I deleted my Electronic Arts Folder and started a new clean fresh folder. I managed to save some things but not all, but at least the game is running now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:00

Great! That was gonna be my next step!
Happy you fixed it.
Anything else you need help with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 15:36

Everything is fine right now Smile my game is playing so much faster now... thank you!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 15:41

Sure!
Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top