Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game won't start after installation of Island Paradise and 1.55 patch update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game won't start after installation of Island Paradise and 1.55 patch update Empty Game won't start after installation of Island Paradise and 1.55 patch update

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 13:06

Hi,

So first of all, I'll explain what I did..

1. My game wasn't up to date so I downloaded and installed the 1.55 patch.
2. I then downloaded the ultimate fix and installed it.
3. I started installing Island Paradise, all went well.
4. When I start the game I get this all black loading screen, it's not stuck because I can move my mouse. It lasts forever (I even went downstairs for a few minutes but when I got back it was still loading).
5. I pressed: ctrl+alt+delete and it says the Sims 3 is not working anymore.

What I already tried:
- Removing all outdated mods
- Starting without the launcher
- Restarting my computer and then starting the game
- Deleting cache files

I still get the same black screen. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Game won't start after installation of Island Paradise and 1.55 patch update Empty Re: Game won't start after installation of Island Paradise and 1.55 patch update

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 13:57

I have the same issue Sad

//EDIT

Oke its working for me now, i have all the mods and downloads out and cache, applied the ultimate fix over and used razor gamebooster!Game won't start after installation of Island Paradise and 1.55 patch update Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Game won't start after installation of Island Paradise and 1.55 patch update Empty Re: Game won't start after installation of Island Paradise and 1.55 patch update

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 14:03

You need to apply the Ultimate Fix again: copy the files from the Crack folder, that should be enough!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 14:06

I tried applying the ultimate fix crack again but it still didn't work for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 14:12

Can you give me a snapshot of where you're copying the files please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 14:15

To the basegame folder /game/bin. I've done it many times before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 14:20

Do you want to keep your saved games?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 14:20

Well it's not a major deal for me if I lose them..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 14:21

Ok then delete the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Is it better?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 14:23

I'll get back to you once I've tried it! Btw, is it better to copy the folder just as a backup or will it gemerate itself again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 14:27

It will generate itself again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 17:36

Ok wow it worked! Many thanks, never knew it was safe to delete that folder Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Jun 2013, 17:49

Bliss1991 wrote:Ok wow it worked! Many thanks, never knew it was safe to delete that folder Very Happy

Well, to give my opinion, it is technically correct to do this, but a bit unnecessary Wink.

I usually suggest RENAMING that folder ("The Sims 3_backup", for example). Because if it regenerates itself then, you can later on put back in your things one by one (saves, mods, CC) relatively easily; to test if some of them are corrupted.

In your case, if your old "The Sims 3" folder is still in the bin, then open the bin and drag the folder with your mouse to any location (BUT NOT My documents/Electronic Arts). Then try putting back in your old saves. If you get problems, then you know that they are corrupted.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 22:18

I celebrated too early =.= I tried putting back my mods and CC but it won't load. So now I have to figure out from hundreds of CC which thingy is corrupt. Yay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 00:56

I just wanted to say that I was experiencing the same exact problem after updating to 1.55 and installing Island Paradise. No matter how long I waited (I even let it sit overnight while I went to bed!) I could not get past anything but a black screen.  Your solution to take out the "My Documents" folder worked for me as well so thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 06:16

My guess is that the cc is not the problem here. As they're just addons to the game, maybe there are some mods that haven't been updated to be compatible with the patch 1.55, and those are the ones causing trouble. Try taking out the packages with the mods, and checking one by one (specially if you have sliders and stuff) which ones aren't compatible. And good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top