Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't install the Sims 3 Games4theworld World Adventures expansion! :((

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't install the Sims 3 Games4theworld World Adventures expansion! :(( Empty I can't install the Sims 3 Games4theworld World Adventures expansion! :((

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 04:25

So I actually own the sims3 game, but I've just pirated some of the expansion packs for it and am just trying to upload them all in order. Everything works fine when I'm trying to install, it seems, except for in step three because the language is different... but still, I worked past that and was fine. The real problem occurred when I was trying to install the .exe files in crack 3. When I try to install each file, I get a window saying dfc-gorilla error invalid file found. I don't know what to do! Sad 

-Jocelyn

Back to top Go down

I can't install the Sims 3 Games4theworld World Adventures expansion! :(( Empty Re: I can't install the Sims 3 Games4theworld World Adventures expansion! :((

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:26

What is dfc-gorilla? Antivirus?

Back to top Go down

I can't install the Sims 3 Games4theworld World Adventures expansion! :(( Empty Re: I can't install the Sims 3 Games4theworld World Adventures expansion! :((

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 01:22

No, my antivirus system is avast! and I don't have anything installed on my computer called gorilla. I'm not sure what it is. It's just the window that pops up says dfc-gorilla in it and I don't know what it means by that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Jun 2013, 04:06

jercerlern wrote:So I actually own the sims3 game, but I've just pirated some of the expansion packs for it and am just trying to upload them all in order. Everything works fine when I'm trying to install, it seems, except for in step three because the language is different... but still, I worked past that and was fine. The real problem occurred when I was trying to install the .exe files in crack 3. When I try to install each file, I get a window saying dfc-gorilla error invalid file found. I don't know what to do! Sad 

-Jocelyn

Hello there,

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but are you getting this error when you are trying to install an expansion ?

If you downloaded the stuff from G4TW, and IF you still have the .RAR file of the expansion, then RE-EXTRACT the contents of the .RAR into a new folder (create a new folde before you extract). In this new folder, click on this "setup.exe" or whatever it's called.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 19:15

Yes, I get this error when installing the expansion .rar file that I downloaded from G4TW. There are six setup.exe files in the #crack\Crack3 folder in the .rar file that i need to install in order to fully install WA on my computer and I get the dfc gorilla thing for all of them. 

I did as you said (i think) and created a folder on my desktop and extracted all the files from the WA .rar file to that folder. I then tried to install the setup.exe files and now, they look different. They have little sims icon symbols next to them. But now, they still won't install and I get a window saying "The sims 3 cannot continue because programs associated with the sims 3 are currently running. Please stop these applications before attempting to update the sims 3." 

So I closed all files and windows that could possibly be associated with sims 3 stuff and tried again - it still didn't work. Then I ejected the actual sims 3 cd that i had in my computer and tried again - and I still got the same window. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 15:48

For me all the crack 3 files seemed to work, but when i try to run Sims3EP01Setup.exe, it doesn't work. Not sure what to do about this. I followed all other instructions verbatim.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 08 Jul 2013, 15:54

smsweetcheeks wrote:For me all the crack 3 files seemed to work, but when i try to run Sims3EP01Setup.exe, it doesn't work. Not sure what to do about this. I followed all other instructions verbatim.

Hello,

Please don't follow any instruction guides in the expansion torrents. Please follow this.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 08 Jul 2013, 19:09

You don't need to use the crack files included with the expansions ever, for any reason. Use the ultimate fix instead. (There's a link to it in cat2006house's post)
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 01:24

I've figured out that if I go to C/PROGRAM FILES/ELECTRONIC ARTS/THE SIMS 3/GAME/BIN/PACKS and then run TS3EP01, it works (as in I get asked for a serial code). Problem is, none of the codes on the installation.rar seem to work. Is there another way to get a serial code that I don't know about?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 10 Jul 2013, 06:10

Hello,

Have you installed The Sims 3:World Adventure on your pc? If yes, run C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe instead of that .exe after applying manual patch and the Ultimate Fix. Or you can double-click the shortcut in the desktop and click the "play" button.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 07:32

I cant find TS3W.exe, there is a TS3W file with a Sims icon on it, and when I hit it the game opens, but I don't think my Worlds expansion pack is installed. When I look on my Sims 3 Launcher, none of the expansion packs are installed. When I try the exe files that are in the rar files, they donb't work, and when I try the exe files in C/PROGRAM FILES/ELECTRONIC ARTS/THE SIMS 3/GAME/BIN/PACKS I get asked for a registration code. I've tried entering the registration codes from the Sims World Installation guide, none of them work. I've also run the manual fix and ultimate fix on my computer. I'm not a very computer literate person, I've managed to get the Sims 3 base game installed, but am completely lost when it comes to installing expansion packs (and I'm aware that without certain expansion packs I can't play the game). 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 07:44

I just copied the files from the ultimate fix for the base game and World Adventures over to the Bin, and still no change. I really can't figure out how to install the expansion packs, only my base game shows up as installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 10 Jul 2013, 07:46

Hello,

You need at least one of the expansions mentioned there to work.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 08:18

I know. I can't figure out how to install the expansions! It says on the instructions "Install The Sims 3 and all the expansions you like" but no matter what I do only my base game shows up as installed, and I can't figure out how to install ANY of the expansions. Are there any instructions on here SPECIFICALLY for installing expansions?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 10 Jul 2013, 08:22

Hello,

I understand your concern. Well installing expansions are simple. Download the expansion pack/stuff pack torrents you want. Extract each one of them with WinRAR only to a blank folder. Then double-click the setup.exe and follow the instructions and use the serial codes in the instruction guides of the torrents but DON'T follow any instructions in these guides. After installing all the expansions you want, follow steps 2-4 of this.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 08:46

I'm installing World adventures right now. It looks prominising. Will install all other expansion packs in order. Looking forward to playing the game, thanks for the help. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 10 Jul 2013, 08:49

smsweetcheeks wrote:I'm installing World adventures right now. It looks prominising. Will install all other expansion packs in order. Looking forward to playing the game, thanks for the help. Smile

Hello,

If you have any questions, please let us know Smile .
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top