Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install Games4TheWorld World Adventures.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install Games4TheWorld World Adventures.[SOLVED] Empty Can't install Games4TheWorld World Adventures.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 21:51

I'm having trouble installing World Adventures. I've installed all other packs except this one. Admittedly when I first attempted I hadn't read the Installation Guide correctly and made some errors. I didn't change the SKU to 2 and I ran the patch without changing it to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. I am unable to read the patch because it look like this Can't install Games4TheWorld World Adventures.[SOLVED] Sims311[/url] so I can't read the directions and I'm pretty stuck. When I attempt to run Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe it gives me dfc-gorilla error Invalid File Found. Completely stuck here, could somebody please help?

P.S. I'd like to add that I've installed every other pack and they all work to perfection. You guys truly are great at what you do.

P.S.S Ok big problem now. I seem to have broken my entire game now as when I open the launcher, it says "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details" so yeah...please help =/

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Can't install Games4TheWorld World Adventures.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install Games4TheWorld World Adventures.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 22:35

Hello,
That doesn't look good.
Try this: Get the latest ultimate fix, you'll find the link in my signature. Use winRAR to extract, then start applying the fix according to its #Installation Guide. Read carefully.
After applying the fix, you'll have restored all the original files, and patched your game to version 1.29. If you get an error during the update, try this manual patch.
Now, try installing World Adventures again. Disregard the #Installationguide, it has become obsolete. Only change the SKU if you need to, if you don't get a region error during installation, you don't have to bother with it. Don't apply the crack.
After it finishes installing, try starting the game.
Please let us know the result. If your game is still broken, we'll help you fix it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Can't install Games4TheWorld World Adventures.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install Games4TheWorld World Adventures.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 22:56

WA installed but this seems to be in vein because the launcher still wont open. I redid the Ultimate Fix and am still getting the same Error message. Maybe it has something to do with one of the Stuff Packs? I believe one of them involved me manually patching my game to 1.19 or something. I haven't ran it with the stuff packs so I don't know if they are the problem. But all the expansions worked prior to today

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 22:59

Hello,
Did you use the 1.29 update after that?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 08 Jan 2012, 22:59

Hello,

Actually, it's normal that the patcher looks like that.
But, you do not need it at all, due to the new updates. The instructions for installing the games have slightly changed. Please read them here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Note that for World Adventures you may completely skip the "# Crack" folder. (Same for all other The Sims 3 games)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 23:08

I got WA installed and I downloaded the manual 1.29 patch. Got the launcher back up but now im getting the infamous "No Game Disc Found! Please Insert the Sims 3 Pets Game Disc before proceeding" error haha. But this one should be an easy fix correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 23:10

Hello,
Yes, get the fix I mentioned earlier, and copy the crack to the right location.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 23:16

Yep, I forgot to do the last part of the Ultimate Fix. The Pets/Town/Gen crack. All packs are running smoothly, thanks for your help. You guys are great!

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
Don't hesitate to post if you ever have problems! Happy Simming!The Sims Plumbob 1

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top