Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Paradise wont install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise wont install  Empty Island Paradise wont install

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:55

I have the horrid task of installing all my games again from clearing my computer Facepalm  and i am installing island paradise and when it goes to do the update for the game (the update within the game) it comes up with an error that it was unable to do it, then asks if i want to install it using the recommended settings Rolling Eyes  but i already am.....smart thing it is...and well its pooped out on me and wont install, is it worth downloading it again? i didn't have this problem when i first installed it.
Thank you for any advise Like a Star @ heaven

edit: DUE to not spelling clearly didnt have enough tea this morning

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise wont install  Empty Re: Island Paradise wont install

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:57

i am extracting it again incase it some how most likely didnt but it might of missed something :s

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 18 Nov 2013, 12:00

Can you try the manual patch instead: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch?

Patch within the setup is not recommended.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 12:01

Noob  i have always patched through game, so if i patch up to the newest it wont effect my other games i have to install will it?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 18 Nov 2013, 12:04

simmeremma wrote:Noob  i have always patched through game, so if i patch up to the newest it wont effect my other games i have to install will it?
It won't, so please patch using the manual patch instead. Manual patch is a super patcher which can fix your game and let you install any expansions.

But please temporarily make a copy (in other words backup) of the content inside the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves and \Mods (if you have one).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 12:59

cat2006house wrote:
simmeremma wrote:Noob  i have always patched through game, so if i patch up to the newest it wont effect my other games i have to install will it?
It won't, so please patch using the manual patch instead. Manual patch is a super patcher which can fix your game and let you install any expansions.

But please temporarily make a copy (in other words backup) of the content inside the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves and \Mods (if you have one).
another quick question do i still need the place the games cracks in the sims3 bin?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 18 Nov 2013, 13:02

simmeremma wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

another quick question do i still need the place the games cracks in the sims3 bin?
Yes you do but don't use any cracks in the expansion torrents!

Please download the Ultimate Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.

Inside open the folder #crack, drag and drop the content of the folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the files inside and you are done!
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down