Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A quick question.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A quick question. Empty A quick question.

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 28 Jun 2013, 02:14

I followed the step by step instructions on how to manually patch and use the ultimate fix on my base game and expansion packs. My question however is there are about four stuff packs I didn't have, that I am downloading now and wanting to install, plus Island Paradise. Once I have them all downloaded and ready to install, afterwards should I re-download and use the patch and ultimate fix? My game has technically already been "patched and fixed".

If this is necessary as well, would you guys advise me to back up my saved families, etc.? Because I've been playing like normal for about 8 months now with tons of CC and families, I've just wanted to finally say I have "all of the expansions and stuff packs" installed.

I guess my main question is just with every expansion/stuff pack installed, is the ultimate fix and patch necessary?

Thanks! I love you
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

A quick question. Empty Re: A quick question.

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 02:25

I was in the same boat. My game wouldn't let me re-apply the patch because I was already patched up. 

It played no problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 28 Jun 2013, 02:36

Well, for the Island Paradise expansion sure, but my problem is I'm going to be getting the rest of my stuff packs installed THEN Island Paradise. I'm just not sure if I should. If its going to be like your situation, did you use the ultimate fix? Or did you just try to patch, it denied you, then you went to play anyway and it worked?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 10:21

Ok, here's what to do:
¤ Open the Ultimate Fix, take files from all folders EXCEPT THE CRACK FOLDER, and copy the files to their locations.
¤ Apply the Manual Patch
¤ Install your expansions.
¤ Copy the files from the #Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to their respective location.
That should make it work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 28 Jun 2013, 15:29

I finally got it to work, thank you for the help.

Now what I'm having an issue with is getting my darn CC to work! I had a slider hack installed and lo and behold, the game hated it. It'd make the game minimize during first "boot up" and then freeze at the loading screen (before you see the neighborhood option and after the start up video). Is anyone else having an issue? I've been testing my game all morning and I have yet to load the crap ton of sims3pack CC I have, since they have to be installed. Scared to even do it now...
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top