Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing menu text in The Sims 3 with everything installed.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing menu text in The Sims 3 with everything installed.[SOLVED] Empty Missing menu text in The Sims 3 with everything installed.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:56

Missing menu text in The Sims 3 with everything installed.[SOLVED] 294340757When I open the game and view the menu, some places where there should be text, are missing text. (Ex. Some cities don't have text when you view them and when you go to the options screen, some of the last tabs don't have text for the options in there.) I heard that this is a common problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Here's what I did that resulted in this issue.

1.) I installed all games in the following order.

The Sims 3 Base Game
Sims3_1.0.632.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe
TS3_1.50.56.0210xx_update.exe
The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff
The Sims 3 Generations Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff
The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats
The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3 Supernatural Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Seasons
The Sims 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff
The Sims 3 University Life

2.) I applied the crack from the Ultimate Fix.
3.) I launch the game and I get to the loading screen. It's a white background and the text at the bottom is fine. After it loads, I get the menu, but it doesn't show all the text.
4.) I decided to install custom content (CC) and while troubleshooting this issue, I removed it by renaming the directory for the game under My Documents.

I've heard that people sometimes will reinstall the game and have it work for them, but it's hit or miss. I'd rather not have to do that unless it's absolutely necessary as it takes a long time and as far as I know, there's no real way to tell if everything has been removed in full before attempting a reinstall. (The reason I say that is because I have no idea what all the game adds to the registry.)

Do you have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

UPDATE: I'm not sure why I'm not getting a response. I followed the instructions on the following page from the get go so this wouldn't happen, but it seems that it doesn't work regardless. I searched the forums as well and couldn't find anything.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Back to top Go down

Missing menu text in The Sims 3 with everything installed.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Missing menu text in The Sims 3 with everything installed.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 06:15

The way I fixed it was uninstalling the base game only and then reinstalling it and applying the update and ultimate fix again.

Back to top Go down

Missing menu text in The Sims 3 with everything installed.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Missing menu text in The Sims 3 with everything installed.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 12:41

Funkymonkey123 wrote:The way I fixed it was uninstalling the base game only and then reinstalling it and applying the update and ultimate fix again.

Thank you. I had already removed everything when I got your message. I reinstalled everything again and it started working correctly.

For anyone else who reads this, I'd advise you to try Funkymonkey123's suggestion before my own to save yourself some time. I'd be interested to know if it works for others as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 07 Apr 2013, 12:16

Hello,

Good to hear you were able to solve your problem.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top