Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 "exception raised" error (MAC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 "exception raised" error (MAC) Empty The Sims 3 "exception raised" error (MAC)

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 21:34

Hello!
First off, can I just say thank you to you guys for all your hard work and support. It's appreciated. 

So I have spent the last week trying to get the sims running on my iMac (mountain lion), and I can't find a solution anywhere. 

I downloaded and installed the sims 3 and a few expansions, installed, cracked, ultimate fix, and patched. Everything is updated to the latest version and everything installed correctly. I've been reading a lot about the "Exception raised" error happening mid-game, but for me it only happens when I launch the game. 

I already run the game without the regular launcher, and it opens to the blue scare with the sims3 logo, and then gives me the error. I tried updating manually again, and it changed the error to the "unknown error", which I fixed by following the ultimate fix's directions, which brings me back to the exception raised error. I cleared the cache, and it's still happening. 

I have played the sims on this machine before, so I know it can handle it, but I uninstalled that version and installed yours + the expansions and I haven't been able to run it at all. 

Please help, I've spent the last week trying to install and reinstall over and over and I just can't figure it out.

Helper edit: Topic moved to "Mac support".

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 "exception raised" error (MAC) Empty Re: The Sims 3 "exception raised" error (MAC)

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:52

Sorry, I can't help you...
I'm a Noob when it comes to Mac...
And sorry for the delay.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top