Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Expansions Won't Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Expansions Won't Work Empty My Expansions Won't Work

Post by Guest Fri 02 Aug 2013, 00:27

Okay, so I was referred to this site by a friend (about 3 days ago), because my game wouldn't start with the 1.55 patch. I've used the Automatic Ultimate Fix tool for that, and it worked (many, MANY thanks!!Very Happy ).
But they also told me about the Sims 3 Expansion Packs you have here, and I took the advice and downloaded some.
They are:
University Life
Pets (Fixed)
Ambitions
I already had the base game (bought the hard copy), Supernatural (bought the download), and High-End Loft Stuff (came free w/ Supernatural). So I went to the *How to Install* Instructions, and followed every step exactly as it was written. When I started the game, the loading screen was Supernatural (as it always was), but when the actual game loaded, none of the EP content showed. No clothes, no worlds, nothing.
So I closed the game and made sure I followed the instructions correctly. Noob 
The EP files were in ...Program Files\Electronic Arts\ instead of Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts, so I believed that to be the problem, but in my Program Files(x86)\ file, there isn't an Electronic Arts file. 
So I'm assuming the files are where they're supposed to be.
I've read the instructions a million times and made sure everything was okay, yet I can't find the problem here so I'm obviously doing something else wrong. Help

Back to top Go down

My Expansions Won't Work Empty Re: My Expansions Won't Work

Post by J.T. Fri 02 Aug 2013, 01:55

Hello,

This simply implies that you have done something wrong. Please make sure you have done the following:

Download the expansions you mentioned by BitTorrent or uTorrent.
Extract them via WinRAR ONLY (the most important step).
Double-click setup.exe inside the folder where you extracted the torrent to start the installation. When asked for a serial code, check the installation guide of the expansions for serial codes.
Afterwards, apply the manual patch (pc's one) in "Must read". Follow the on-screen instructions when prompted.
Drag and drop the contents of #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Aug 2013, 03:34

Ooooooohhhhhhhh.!!!!!!!!!
Okay, I extracted them with 7zip the first time.
Jeez, I feel like an idiot.
So, can I just delete the .zip folders and extract the files with winRAR and duo it again?
Or do I have to uninstall everything, THEN do it over?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Aug 2013, 10:07

Nope, just extract them now and do it over. No need to uninstall...
Just be sure to apply all the files except the one in the #Crack folder, then update (use the Manual Patch).
Then use the files from the #Crack folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top