Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 custom content

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 custom content Empty Sims 3 custom content

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun 2011, 23:29

So I recently installed a few expansions and they work great but there is only one problem. None of my custom content works. I have heard from many different sources that you put the mods folder into program files-->electronic arts-->sims 3, but also have heard it needs to be put in my documents. I have tried it all. All my .sims3pack files were installed through the launcher and it says they all were successfully installed and are in the downloads folder, but they don't show up. My .package files, don't show up. I've looked everywhere for a solution and what really brings me here to ask is cause I have heard that if you have a cracked version, that's why they don't work. Is this true? or am I really screwing up somewhere?

Also, my sims base game is bought, from awhile back. The expansions I have installed that I got from games4theworld are; World Adventures, Ambitions and Late night. Also when I installed late night it said not to install any other cracks from the others, but I had ran the crack for WA in the crack#1 folder, the simspatch.exe, but did none of the others. I have no idea if any of that might be the cause of my issue, but I thought I'd make it known just in case.

I hope someone can help. I've been trying to fix this for the last 2 days.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 custom content Empty Re: Sims 3 custom content

Post by Admin Fri 24 Jun 2011, 23:39

Hello,

Hmm... try this new video I created earlier today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfAox_PivgI&feature=channel_video_title
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 00:10

thank you. I will try this. will take a bit for me to download, but Ill post here again if it ends up not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 01:06

You heard wrong about where you place the mods folder. It doesn't go into program files, it goes into my documents > electronic arts > etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 07:47

ok so some of it works but some of my CC still isnt working. Maybe its outdated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 07:55

Did you do as I mentioned? You should simply have copied the mods folder over too My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. If you did that you should see a bunch of extra content in game. It will not show up in the launcher however.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 07:56

Its there in my documents. but not all of of it is showing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 07:59

As I said, it will not show up in the launcher. Custom Content does not show up in the launcher. Just play the game and you should notice quite a few new items available for use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 08:01

I know and its not showing in game. some of it is, some of it isnt. most of it isnt. Thats what im saying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 08:05

First of all why do you believe its not there? If you did everything right there should be items that show a white bubble with a folder in it. Thats what resembles custom content just like the expansions and stuff packs have their own symbols for items.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 08:07

why do i believe its not there cause i downloaded the CC myself and i dont see it in game, maybe thats why...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 08:11

check to see if there is a resources.cfg file inside the mod folder. If not then that would be the reason it is not working. If it is there then everything should be working. I've tested everything myself so it does work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 08:13

and so there is no chance of it not working? that file is in there. i ask if maybe some of my stuff is outdated cause only some of it shows and the rest doesnt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 08:21

If you've done everything correctly then you should have what the updates offer. You have to remember that the updates offer a variety of stuff ranging from clothing and character customization to build mode and buy mode. Everything is spread out, and I believe that the updates only offer about 20 items or less per update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 25 Jun 2011, 23:25

Hello,

Did you download the Custom Content from ® Games4theworld Downloads to begin with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 21:35

Some of it might not be showing up because you don't have the right meshes. If it is more then just a Maxis recolor you will need the custom mesh that comes with it. It won't show up like you said and if it does it will show a Maxis default (in Sims2 it's a woman in a athletic sweat suit don't know what it is for Sims3) I always go through and delete everything that does not work and then just download the content again. Always make sure you have those meshes too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 22:32

Hi,

Maybe this will work, Download Sims 3 Pack Multi Installer:

Sims 3 Pack Multi Installer it's from Delphy.

It worked for me. It installs .Sims3Packages.
The .packages should go to: Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods/Packages

If you don't see the Mod nor Packages map, you should make them yourself.
First you make a Mods map in The Sims 3 folder (Not in Program Files but the one in Documents/Electronic Arts) and in the Mods map you make a Packages folder.

Then the packages should show up as CC..

If it still won't show up, you should download this file: Resource.cfg
You can download it here:

Resource.cfg

You should place the Resource.cfg file in your Mods map, and in the Sims 3 map.

Some downloads won't appear because (maybe) you don't have the needed Expansion Packs..

I hope this will help for you as it did for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011, 00:01

The resource.cfg is required. Without it your custom content won't work regardless if its in the correct location or not.

Basically your files should look like this:

C:\Users\****\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
C:\Users\****\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Resource.cfg
C:\Users\****\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\
C:\Users\****\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\****.package

Please note, you only put .package files into the packages folder. The other packge file extension, .sims3pack, will install content through the launcher. You can obtain all of the .sims3pack files from the 4shared link I added to the june update. It also includes the files for the month of july.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top