Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with Sims 3 please! [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with Sims 3 please! [CLOSED] Empty Help with Sims 3 please! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 21:02

Hi. This is my first post btw. So last night I downloaded a bunch of ccs then I installed it and tried to play sims 3 earlier but when i clicked the play button in the launcher there was just black. And yes I tried to run the TS3exe but still no good results. I'm rooting for you guys, esp admin. You solved every issue I had with this crappy game before. I trust this website. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Help with Sims 3 please! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Help with Sims 3 please! [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 09 Aug 2013, 21:15

mqsalinas wrote:Hi. This is my first post btw. So last night I downloaded a bunch of ccs then I installed it and tried to play sims 3 earlier but when i clicked the play button in the launcher there was just black. And yes I tried to run the TS3exe but still no good results. I'm rooting for you guys, esp admin. You solved every issue I had with this crappy game before. I trust this website. Thanks.
Hello,

Currently, the Admin and Lady ElDi are not regularly available. But I am here Smile  and I will do my best.

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saved Sims and look for a file called "downloadesims.index". If there is such a file, then delete it.

And if that doesn't help you, go to My Dosuments/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into something like "The Sims 3_old". Then re-boot your computer. See if you can get the game running by that.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 22:58

Hello thank you for your reply but it didn't work Sad

//EDIT

Oh my god sorry I thought it didn't work but after a few seconds it did. My only problem now is if it's gonna work if I put my downloads folder back. I have it in my desktop right now. But anyway, Thanks. Thank you so much. God, I love this website.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 09 Aug 2013, 23:05

mqsalinas wrote:Hello thank you for your reply but it didn't work Sad

//EDIT

Oh my god sorry I thought it didn't work but after a few seconds it did. My only problem now is if it's gonna work if I put my downloads folder back. I have it in my desktop right now. But anyway, Thanks. Thank you so much. God, I love this website.
At least we're getting one step closer to a solution, Very Happy  but can I come back to you tomorrow ? I'm logging off soon - and putting back in your old CC and savefiles can be a bit tricky, if we want to avoid that "black screen" error in the future.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 23:12

Sure Smile Thank you again. Take care

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Aug 2013, 20:34

mqsalinas wrote:Sure Smile Thank you again. Take care
Hello again,

Sorry for the delay, but I couldn't get back earlier.

If you now go back to the location My Documents/Electronic Arts you will see that a new "The Sims 3" folder was created by the game.

Now..in theory, the following things from your OLD "The Sims 3" folder could be put back in:

1) The folder "Saves": this contains all your savegames.
2) The folder "DCCache": this contains your installed ".sims3pack" files
3) The folder "Installed worlds": to have your "downloadable neighbourhoods" back, like Dragon Valley, Aurora skies, etc.
4) The folder "Mods": if you have ".package" file CC.
5) And also the folder "Downloads" (just to be safe, but theoretically, DCCache and Installed worlds should be enough).

So much for the theory. But as I don't know what CC you exactly have, I recommend you think about the following:

I personally recommend you only use ".sims3pack" CC, which are official store content. These are the only files that you can really trust. So for now, try to put back in your folder "Saves" only. Then try to start the game and see what happens. If you want, tell me a bit more about your CC (where you got them from, what exactly these items are, etc.).

Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 17:53

OMG thank you! My game is now working properly. Thank you very much. I lost my saved games though, but it's my fault and it's fine because there was a bit of a problem there anyway but thank you Smile Arigato Laughing Wink

Moderator edit: Just one more thing - I've edited your post so that your signature picture can't be seen anymore. I know your intentions were not bad, but still, I would like to ask you to choose another picture, which doesn't contain any swearwords. Wink  Other than that, I'm glad to hear that your game works again. I'll close the topic now.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top