Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My screen gets dark when I tab out!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My screen gets dark when I tab out! Empty My screen gets dark when I tab out!

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 20:45

Hi! 
When I play The sims 3 and tab out, to chat on facebook or whatever, my game is all dark when I get back in. No matter how high my brightness is, it's very dark and it's very annoying! I've heard that one solution is playing in window mode but I don't like that at all so that's not an option..
Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? Smile 

:newfag:

Back to top Go down

My screen gets dark when I tab out! Empty Re: My screen gets dark when I tab out!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Aug 2013, 20:48

Melegim wrote:Hi! 
When I play The sims 3 and tab out, to chat on facebook or whatever, my game is all dark when I get back in. No matter how high my brightness is, it's very dark and it's very annoying! I've heard that one solution is playing in window mode but I don't like that at all so that's not an option..
Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? Smile 

:newfag:
Hello,

How long did you wait - for the screen to get normal again ? Sometimes, it can take a little while. By the way, this "phenomenon" has nothing to do with any graphics setttings like brightness, etc. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

My screen gets dark when I tab out! Empty Re: My screen gets dark when I tab out!

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 20:54

I have to restart the game to make it normal again, once I played like that for one hour or two.. 
Yeah I've noticed that too haha. But better get it clear, then nobody needs to ask if I have low brightness or something haha. 
But do you mean it should get back to normal after a while? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Aug 2013, 21:01

Melegim wrote:I have to restart the game to make it normal again, once I played like that for one hour or two.. 
Yeah I've noticed that too haha. But better get it clear, then nobody needs to ask if I have low brightness or something haha. 
But do you mean it should get back to normal after a while? Smile
Yes, when I play it does get normal after a while...

If that doesn't happen in your game though, I'm not sure what you could do then; maybe you could go into the options menu (in the Sims 3) and lower your graphics settings a bit. Other than that: there's no reason to tab out while playing The Sims (3), unless you are waiting for the game to load at the beginning. Razz  Of course, this is just my humble opinion.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 21:32

I'll try it! 
I know, but sometimes you just need to do it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top